Geobukseon Known as Turtle ship (a Korean battleship) [COMPLETED BUILD]

Truly excellent work Daniel. The Turtle ship is definitely my favorite of the ships you have built so far. I really like the natural-looking wood colors.

Model Completed !!!!

Let me know if you have questions. Pictures taken with flash. Zoom for details.

Video was taken with the phone and saved with high resolution. If you don't see it well, check your YouTube Video quality settings.

If the video isn't good or you have trouble to watch it, let me know and I can change my settings and phone position when recording.

Enjoy....

View attachment 259448View attachment 259449View attachment 259450View attachment 259451View attachment 259452View attachment 259453View attachment 259454View attachment 259455View attachment 259456View attachment 259457View attachment 259458View attachment 259459View attachment 259460

Cheers
Daniel
Congratulations! Great job and an interesting ship! ;)

Well Daniel, not only have you built something unique - but you have executed it with class and style. Brilliant job on this model. You should be proud to include this ship in your collection.

Congratulations! Great job and an interesting ship! ;)
Well Daniel, not only have you built something unique - but you have executed it with class and style. Brilliant job on this model. You should be proud to include this ship in your collection.

Thank you Dean and Paul. I tried to do my best. Most important is that I have enjoyed every step of the construction.

This is my Birthday present for my Oldest son (35 YO) that was in July. He loves it.

Cheers
Daniel

Model Completed !!!!

Video was taken with the phone and saved with high resolution. If you don't see it well, check your YouTube Video quality settings.

If the video isn't good or you have trouble to watch it, let me know and I can change my settings and phone position when recording.

Enjoy....

View attachment 259448View attachment 259449View attachment 259450View attachment 259451View attachment 259452View attachment 259453View attachment 259454View attachment 259455View attachment 259456View attachment 259457View attachment 259458View attachment 259459View attachment 259460

Cheers
Daniel
You have produced a very nice unique boat model there. I also think that I see one-weight cuckoo clocks on the wall????? I have one from my great marmarmar (maternal great grandmother from Sweden but is a Black Forest style, not Swedish) We have collect a number of antique clocks of various types. Congratulations on your Turtle. Rich (PT -2)

Congrats, Daniel! Something very unique, challenging, and to be proud of! You are not often seeing choosing this type of ship as the build. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
You have produced a very nice unique boat model there. I also think that I see one-weight cuckoo clocks on the wall????? I have one from my great marmarmar (maternal great grandmother from Sweden but is a Black Forest style, not Swedish) We have collect a number of antique clocks of various types. Congratulations on your Turtle. Rich (PT -2)

Beautiful, really good work Daniel.

Thank you all !!! I really appreciate your comments. I agree that is a model you don't see normally on the forums. It was enjoyable to build it and do modifications to the kit. The sails rigging is a mixture of what the kit suggested and museum pictures. I am not sure if anyone knows exactly how this Turtle ships were rigged.

Well, it is finally done !!!

Cheers to all
Daniel

Ps: Rich I also have a small collection of Black Forest Cuckoo Clocks.

Last edited:
Well done Daniel it's fantastic, a model to be proud of. So good to see such an unique ship, I have enjoyed watching your progress.

Thank you Tony !!!! And thank you for your ship detailed log that I will use in a few years as reference!!

Best
Daniel

Thank you Dean and Paul. I tried to do my best. Most important is that I have enjoyed every step of the construction.

This is my Birthday present for my Oldest son (35 YO) that was in July. He loves it.

Cheers
Daniel
Interesting, I built the POF Bluenose for my son’s birthday (38 YO) this October 9th! Ships are great gifts! ;)

Congratulations for finishing this highly interesting model - very well done my friend Thumbsup

Model Completed !!!!

Enjoy....

Cheers
Daniel
Hi Daniel. Brilliant. I enjoy your log, something different and looks complicated. Looks so good. I struggle with my detail work so informative to see this build.
Cheers Grant

Hi Daniel. Brilliant. I enjoy your log, something different and looks complicated. Looks so good. I struggle with my detail work so informative to see this build.
Cheers Grant

Thank you Grant !!! Whatever I have done, i learned it at SOS.

Cheers
Daniel

Back