Geobukseon Known as Turtle ship (a Korean battleship) [COMPLETED BUILD]

Just discovered this build looks absolutely fascinating!
Whose kit is it, do you have a link?

Allan

I got it at eBay from this seller. Cheaper than in Amazon.

This eBay seller has 100% positive feedback. Kit was shipped fast and arrived in perfect condition.

Best !
Daniel

Gluing faked beams. To keep a straight line used suggested method by Paul @dockattner pinstripe tape ..... I hope they are straight :)

20210508_122046.jpg

Best
Daniel

I BUILT THIS ONE QUITE A FEW YEARS AGO, FUN BUILD, WAIT TILL YOU GET TO THE SHELL HA HA HA, GOOP, GOOP GOOP, FUN BUILD I THINK THEY HAVE A TURTLE SHIP SHOWING INTERIOR DETAILS CAN NOT REMEMBER. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

I BUILT THIS ONE QUITE A FEW YEARS AGO, FUN BUILD, WAIT TILL YOU GET TO THE SHELL HA HA HA, GOOP, GOOP GOOP, FUN BUILD I THINK THEY HAVE A TURTLE SHIP SHOWING INTERIOR DETAILS CAN NOT REMEMBER. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Hi Don... this is the one showing interior. I will cover less than half with the shell... so I can show the interior and to keep my insanity under control...HAHAHA. :)

Thanks for stopping by !!!

Daniel

Gennaro.... I do not think I am doing a great job.

I just did my first mistake !!!!!

And I will have to live with it.

I started to glue the side wall from stern to the bow. And Have to be in the other way.

I saw in the picture that we have to use pieces 3-03 and 3-04. I finished gluing the Stern section, so I looked for the 3-03 parts, found them and glued. Then move forward to the bow. As I was approaching the last 2 wall pieces..... I saw I did a mistake.

My mistake was in not reading the text. That clearly state "the last piece on the Stern need to be cut to size".

I solved the issue by cutting the las piece of the wall leaving the gun port in the middle.

For the non-expert in turtle ships, it will go unnoticeable.

At least the Admiral has the gun port, but just in a shorter wall.... :)

For those who plan to build this ship.... please learn from my mistake and do not repeat it.

20210511_152115.jpg20210511_151328.jpg20210511_151515.jpg20210511_151615.jpg20210511_151547.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Ps: I need to add that the chief builder was executed on the spot and his head now is hanging on a stick as an example for others... :)

Gennaro.... I do not think I am doing a great job.

I just did my first mistake !!!!!

And I will have to live with it.

I started to glue the side wall from stern to the bow. And Have to be in the other way.

I saw in the picture that we have to use pieces 3-03 and 3-04. I finished gluing the Stern section, so I looked for the 3-03 parts, found them and glued. Then move forward to the bow. As I was approaching the last 2 wall pieces..... I saw I did a mistake.

My mistake was in not reading the text. That clearly state "the last piece on the Stern need to be cut to size".

I solved the issue by cutting the las piece of the wall leaving the gun port in the middle.

For the non-expert in turtle ships, it will go unnoticeable.

At least the Admiral has the gun port, but just in a shorter wall.... :)

For those who plan to build this ship.... please learn from my mistake and do not repeat it.

View attachment 232826View attachment 232827View attachment 232828View attachment 232829View attachment 232830

Cheers
Daniel

Ps: I need to add that the chief builder was executed on the spot and his head now is hanging on a stick as an example for others... :)
Still looks good to me! :) Wouldn't spot this in million years. Rough crowd in Korean shipyard. My custodian beats up the chief builder with that mace on a regular basis, but no executions so far.

FOR THOSE WHO WANT MORE HISTORY ON THE TURTLE SHIP, THERE IS A MEUEUM IN SOUTH KOREA THAT HAS MODELS DISPLAYED AND A HISTORY OF THE TURTLE SHIP JUST CAN NOT REMEMBER THE NAME, I THINK THE TURTLE SHIP WAS USED IN THE WAR WITH KOREA AND JAPAN NOT SURE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Back