Geobukseon Known as Turtle ship (a Korean battleship) [COMPLETED BUILD]

FOR THOSE WHO WANT MORE HISTORY ON THE TURTLE SHIP, THERE IS A MEUEUM IN SOUTH KOREA THAT HAS MODELS DISPLAYED AND A HISTORY OF THE TURTLE SHIP JUST CAN NOT REMEMBER THE NAME, I THINK THE TURTLE SHIP WAS USED IN THE WAR WITH KOREA AND JAPAN NOT SURE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON
Seeing this post reminded me of the Busan Martine museum we visited in 2016 luckily I always take lots of photos and look what I found.04 Busan (163).JPG04 Busan (164).JPG04 Busan (162).JPG

This is a very modern and interesting museum. One of my favourite things was not a ship or a model but a pond with 3-4 mechanical fish. They would responded to people, when you moved to the edge they would swim towards you then before they got to close would swim away, very clever AI.
04 Busan (201).JPG

Wow! You've been busy! This really looks great Daniel!

Thank you Paul. Yes every day looks better. It isn't a difficult built. On Friday I oiled one side and that is the side I glued the iron protections. Today I oiled the other side and interior walls of the deck. I will see if I can glue the iron protections or reinforcements on Friday.

The weather started to be nice here and rearranging the front and back yards after the disaster that the snow does took my modeling time. On top of that the family wanted to open the pool. It is huge ~20,000 Gallons. Of course the water was green like the grass. I have to spend a lot if time cleaning all the pool area of leaves and treating the water...... to be used during June/July...... in MA pools are not so useful. But the previous house owner built it.

With all that on hand I managed to dedicate 4 hours to the Turtle since Friday.

Cheers
Daniel

It's something really different and you are progressing with great speed! Like Don said - a building machine ROTF

Heinrich, I know you aren't in Korea, but could be you can help.

Others can jump in too.

I decided to built the oars. Here is my issue. The instructions say that the oar blade have to be narrower pointed to the water. Every oar I saw in my life the blade is wider against the water, to offer more surface for water displacement. At least that is what I think.

The kit come with 2 extra oars , so I decided to check how it looked.

Assembled it like instructions and looked very weird. Unglued and assembled it "in my way" and looks better.

Below is a picture of the instructions manual and "my oar".

Also pasted a video where a guy use one of "those kind of oars". You will see the blade going to the water seams to be narrower at the upper part and wider against the water.

Comments/suggestions please !!!

20210526_175201.jpg20210526_175821.jpg20210526_175842.jpg20210526_175904.jpg
20210526_180244.jpg

Thanks
Daniel

Last edited:
DEFINITIVELY !!! They help

As I was imaging. Flat wider side against the water.

Jimsky, you are a master searching internet. I remember seeing the monument picture, but all the others I never saw them.... thank you.

I plan to include the 2 wood "handles" and the rope that help to limit the oars movements and keep them in place. And a few more details I have in mind.

Unfortunately, work has spiked, good for all of us, bad for modeling time :)

Thank you !!!
Daniel

Back