Getting Fit after Covid - both mentally and physically

NMBROOK

Staff member
Forum Moderator

I am sure those that do follow my work will have noticed I have been conspicuous by my absence from the forum for a while.Those are also familiar that I had Covid back in 2020.I have been busy with other lesser modelling projects but mainly I had lost my mojo a bit.
This has nothing to do with modelling, more a realisation that there was some more lasting damage to my lungs than just the two weeks of acute illness I suffered at the time.

It has taken me a while to realise, but the only person who is going to doing anything about this, the acute bouts of shortness of breath and general lethargy is me.When I contracted Covid and had only just recovered fully from pneumonia, prior to that I had stopped smoking (20 a day for 30 years) and started to rebuild my fitness to how it was when I was much younger.

I thought it was all in my head but the issues persisted and I got more down as a result.I did soldier on at work but this just left me drained at weekends.

Something clicked last Autumn and I decided to take steps to avoid the downward spiral I was in. The way I saw to move forward was to force myself into a sensible exercise regime.Don't get me wrong, I normally can work 10 to 15 miles a night at work as I am in charge of a large site but this is not the same, I need to get my lungs working properly.

I decided to sell one of my road bikes and purchase one of the new e mountain bikes. This I feel will give me enough help to prevent me pushing my body too hard.So far so good, I feel my energy is coming back, I am slowly starting to be able to breath more deeply and the exercise is helping my mental health also.

So, moving forward, if I am not in the workshop on a weekend, I will be on the side of a mountain somewhere.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Sutton Bank,North Yorks 8.30am 0 degrees C. Amazing low lying cloud in the valley

IMG_0141.jpgIMG_0142.jpg

WAY TO GO NIGEL, IT IS GOING TO BE YEARS TO FIND OUT THE FULL IMPACT THIS HAS HAD ON HUMANITY, DEADLY AND PEOPLE DO NOT LISTEN TO THE SCIENCE SHAME ON THEM. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Very good decision Nigel. You have to know how to think of yourself before it's too late....

I am glad, that you are feeling better - keep care and riding

I am sure those that do follow my work will have noticed I have been conspicuous by my absence from the forum for a while.Those are also familiar that I had Covid back in 2020.I have been busy with other lesser modelling projects but mainly I had lost my mojo a bit.
This has nothing to do with modelling, more a realisation that there was some more lasting damage to my lungs than just the two weeks of acute illness I suffered at the time.

It has taken me a while to realise, but the only person who is going to doing anything about this, the acute bouts of shortness of breath and general lethargy is me.When I contracted Covid and had only just recovered fully from pneumonia, prior to that I had stopped smoking (20 a day for 30 years) and started to rebuild my fitness to how it was when I was much younger.

I thought it was all in my head but the issues persisted and I got more down as a result.I did soldier on at work but this just left me drained at weekends.

Something clicked last Autumn and I decided to take steps to avoid the downward spiral I was in. The way I saw to move forward was to force myself into a sensible exercise regime.Don't get me wrong, I normally can work 10 to 15 miles a night at work as I am in charge of a large site but this is not the same, I need to get my lungs working properly.

I decided to sell one of my road bikes and purchase one of the new e mountain bikes. This I feel will give me enough help to prevent me pushing my body too hard.So far so good, I feel my energy is coming back, I am slowly starting to be able to breath more deeply and the exercise is helping my mental health also.

So, moving forward, if I am not in the workshop on a weekend, I will be on the side of a mountain somewhere.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Sutton Bank,North Yorks 8.30am 0 degrees C. Amazing low lying cloud in the valley

View attachment 288572View attachment 288573

I will join you in that club. after 4 months I have still problems with the equilibrium had very bad falls
trying to go from one side to the other.
-all food has a taste of iron, and like you, I have very little air in longs. which limited my walking distance. All this means that my activity will slow down-my sort of memory gives problems here, as I find the home page more and complicated-el capi

Back