Glad to be a board!

Hello Ship Model Friends! I have finally reached the point where every day is Saturday except Sunday! And I am finally picking up my ship modeling hobby after a number of years absence. I started modeling when I was a pre teen, building a plastic Blue Nose and Cutty Sark. Both disappeared over the ages along with all my model cars...ugh. Senior year (73/74) in college a friend gave me his partially build wooden model of the Fair American (German maker). That was completed and went to Australia with my sister and her husband and has been there ever since. Next came my first commission, from my mother, Mayflower (we have relatives who rode over in her). That resided in my parent's home until they passed in 09. It now sits in my office. Next came the felucca Mercedes by AL. That's in my home also. Next came a smaller version of Fair American which resides in my brother's home in Orlando. Next came a Dragon class pond sail boat which resides in Seattle in my sister's son's office in Seattle. Next came Harvey, AL's Baltimore Clipper which resides in our foyer at home. And finally, I'm about to start Amati's HMS Prince, which has made about 15 Navy moves since 1984 when I received it as a Christmas present from my wife. And being a bit ADHD, I'm currently finishing a Greenleaf Victorian dollhouse kit I gave to my wife 1986 as a Christmas present (yes, I've been busy...) while also finishing a Pocher 1935 Mercedes 500K-AK Cabriolet model... Life has been great so far and I look forward to gaining insight and knowledge from this forum and all of you! All the best, Matt

Harvey.jpgMayflower.jpgVictorian Dollhouse.jpg

Thanks for the info....There is so much capability on this website... so it will take me a bit to figure it all out, but do appreciate this step. I will pull together some photos and post appropriately. All the best, Matt

Welcome Matt, looking forward to more pictures of your models, greetings from Norway-

Hallo Matt,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Great that you have found us..... :cool:

Hello Ship Model Friends! I have finally reached the point where every day is Saturday except Sunday! And I am finally picking up my ship modeling hobby after a number of years absence. I started modeling when I was a pre teen, building a plastic Blue Nose and Cutty Sark. Both disappeared over the ages along with all my model cars...ugh. Senior year (73/74) in college a friend gave me his partially build wooden model of the Fair American (German maker). That was completed and went to Australia with my sister and her husband and has been there ever since. Next came my first commission, from my mother, Mayflower (we have relatives who rode over in her). That resided in my parent's home until they passed in 09. It now sits in my office. Next came the felucca Mercedes by AL. That's in my home also. Next came a smaller version of Fair American which resides in my brother's home in Orlando. Next came a Dragon class pond sail boat which resides in Seattle in my sister's son's office in Seattle. Next came Harvey, AL's Baltimore Clipper which resides in our foyer at home. And finally, I'm about to start Amati's HMS Prince, which has made about 15 Navy moves since 1984 when I received it as a Christmas present from my wife. And being a bit ADHD, I'm currently finishing a Greenleaf Victorian dollhouse kit I gave to my wife 1986 as a Christmas present (yes, I've been busy...) while also finishing a Pocher 1935 Mercedes 500K-AK Cabriolet model... Life has been great so far and I look forward to gaining insight and knowledge from this forum and all of you! All the best, Matt

View attachment 181525View attachment 181526View attachment 181527
Hallo @Matt
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Matt
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Matt
Birthday-Cake

Thanks! Spent the day on the slopes in Park City, Utah. Finishing up that darn dollhouse and have begun work on Prince…. Life is good. All the best.

Back