glue

depends on what you are gluing and the type of glue
Gorilla super glue just hold the part in place and it will grab in 15 seconds.

you need to be a bit more specific in what you are trying to do

Clamps, rubber bands, temporary bindings with cord, wooden wedges, or your fingers combined with lots of patience. It all depends on the situation. Sometimes when I want to use PVA glue to hold something, I use CA glue at small, specific points to hold the parts in position until the PVA dries.

here are some comments from our archives that might be of some help

So, my new model instructs to use white glue and brass brads to hold strakes to the bulkheads. Then later says to sand off the heads of the brads while sanding (sigle planked Sapele) the hull.

Planking the wall. First I tried Titebond wood glue. The beech curls on the edges. Then I tried Loctite Super Glue Professional Liquid. Too runny and gets all over everything. Finally, I got out the Gorilla Super Glue Gel. It set up fast enough, didn’t run, and didn’t curl.
Vfordyce Post #446 Sep 30, 2021 Forum: SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood

Some pictures of my progress. I am tapering the planking at the Bow only so far, may need to start to also taper towards the stern as well. I was attempting to plank without any nails, but was unable to properly clamp it up. I am removing the nails once the glue dries. This is a single plank...
GAStan Post #9 Sep 18, 2021 Forum: SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood

After the glue has dried, I cut off the protruding parts of the pins with a chisel and processed it with sandpaper of different grain sizes. I poured it with water to show the result. Evaluate to you.
Alexander74 Post #78 Sep 7, 2021 Forum: SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood

Fire mast support area glued together temporarily installled to hold everything in place till glue dries…..
lesterpalifka Post #113 Sep 3, 2021 Forum: SOS Build Logs Scratch or from Plans

Painted the inside of the bulwarks ivory white and nailed and glued them to the hull, using my trusty Gorilla wood glue and the 10mm brass pins supplied by AL. The nailing was another new experience, and I quickly learnt that if you apply undue pressure on an obstinate nail, and slip, the...
Nomad Post #88 Aug 29, 2021 Forum: SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood

white glue with the right dilution is very good too, especially standing riggen
El Capi Post #194 Aug 23, 2021 Forum: SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood

I use tight bond and usually wait 30 minutes depending on the piece. Like you i use alcohol which will soften the glue months after it sets.
Kevink Post #20 Aug 23, 2021 Forum: SOS Build Logs Scratch or from Plans

Paul, I sometimes use CA and although the smell is annoying it doesn’t affect me like it does you. However, for most of my close rope work, the best glue I have found is GS Hypo, used for jewellery and beading. It is virtually clear, dries matt and is in a great applicator with a needle tip...
PeterG Post #1,303 Aug 20, 2021 Forum: SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood

Gentlemen, have you ever heard about Mercury Adhesives? I am using their line of products for a very long time. They have a full line of CA glue from very thin to very thick, they will never clog and dries transparent. I encourage you to check to try their glues. https://www.mercuryadhesives.com/
Jimsky Post #407 Aug 18, 2021 Forum: Bluenose Group Build Logs

Day 21 (12th August 2021) I've caught up! Today was a very busy day ..... cutting port holes .... bloody things. But I also for the first time glued a plank on with super glue (Medium). In the past its never worked. So I gave up and since then been using wood glue. But today was success.
Alan Clark Post #45 Aug 12, 2021 Forum: SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood

Onwards and upwards. I attached the false deck to the keel and bulkheads using all the generous advice I'd received earlier. I soaked the deck for several minutes until it was pliable, attached it with Gorilla glue and bound it fast with rubber bands and clamps. I used a drill bit to create...
Nomad Post #54 Aug 7, 2021 Forum: SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood

Hello Ratio1, I expect you will get some very good advice from members on this site with regard to nailing planks and how to remove them. This doesn’t answer your question but I am going to suggest an alternative that may work for you depending on the model type. I use a super glue (Gorilla in...
RogerD Post #2 Aug 6, 2021 Forum: General Topics / Help with Models

Spent a lot of time lately to complete the keel and a lot of time sanding #18 #18 , not glued with Bison wood glue, or other wood glue, but with Zap Z-Poxt 2 component glue Did some tests with wood glue, to nothing wrong with it, but dries very quickly leaving little time to correct Z-Poxy...
Henk Liebre Post #24 Jul 19, 2021 Forum: Bluenose Group Build Logs

Back