Godspeed and Discovery

Hello!
I am looking for information in the form of literature, sketches, drawings or pictures of the replica Godspeed 1985 and Discovery. Can someone help me?
I need it for my next project
Thanks and Greetings

Attachments

• 279-6143-o.jpg
    279-6143-o.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 10
  • JWV2DSY3ARCQFL7PGB6SXXHDLM.jpg
    JWV2DSY3ARCQFL7PGB6SXXHDLM.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 10
About the Discovery I found in the web this info plus photo:

Unbenannt.JPG 12844.jpg
The original 'Discovery' was one of three ships that left London in December 1606 and arrived in Chesapeake Bay in April 1607. In May 1607, the settlers landed in an area that went on to become Jamestown, Virginia. This replica 'Discovery' was a gift to mark the 402nd anniversary of the departure of the three ships from London.
Westenhanger Castle, where the replica is located, is linked to the 'Discovery' as the then owner,
Sir Thomas Smythe, commissioned the building of several ships including the original 'Discovery'.

Is it this one, you are looking for?

Thanks Uwe!
I need that to try to reconstruct Francis Drake's other ships...

Contact the Marine Dept. at the Jamestown Settlement which is operated by the State of Virginia. They may be able to help you. They have full scale sailing replicas of the "Susan Constant", "Godspeed" and "Discovery" at their facility on the James River west of Williamsburg and north of the National Park site.. I was a volunteer crewmember on the "Susan Constant" back in the 1990s. Somewhere, I have a hard cover book that documented the construction of the latest "Susan Constant" replica. I believe it was constructed in the 1980s.

Wenden Sie sich an das Marine Dept. in der Jamestown-Siedlung, die vom Staat Virginia betrieben wird. Sie können dir vielleicht helfen. Sie haben Segelreplikate in Originalgröße der "Susan Constant", "Godspeed" und "Discovery" in ihrer Anlage am James River westlich von Williamsburg und nördlich des Nationalparks. Ich war ein freiwilliges Besatzungsmitglied auf der "Susan Constant" zurück in den 1990er Jahren. Irgendwo habe ich ein Hardcover-Buch, das den Bau der neuesten "Susan Constant"-Replik dokumentiert. Ich glaube, es wurde
Vielen Dank ihnen allen!
Ich habe einen Artikel von Robert GC Honorar - Design and Construction of the Jamestown Ships
und ein Artikel von Howard H. Fawcett, Jr. - Sailing the Jamestown Ships
genau das, wonach ich gesucht habe, über erste Repliken aller drei Jamestown-Schiffe

Contact the Marine Dept. at the Jamestown Settlement which is operated by the State of Virginia. They may be able to help you. They have full scale sailing replicas of the "Susan Constant", "Godspeed" and "Discovery" at their facility on the James River west of Williamsburg and north of the National Park site.. I was a volunteer crewmember on the "Susan Constant" back in the 1990s. Somewhere, I have a hard cover book that documented the construction of the latest "Susan Constant" replica. I believe it was constructed in the 1980s.
I found the book I was referring to in my earlier post. The title is "A GOODLY SHIP" , The building of the Susan Constant, [The story of the ship that brought tbe settlers to Jamestown]

Back