Godspeed and Discovery

Hello!
I am looking for information in the form of literature, sketches, drawings or pictures of the replica Godspeed 1985 and Discovery. Can someone help me?
I need it for my next project
Thanks and Greetings

Attachments

• 279-6143-o.jpg
    279-6143-o.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 5
  • JWV2DSY3ARCQFL7PGB6SXXHDLM.jpg
    JWV2DSY3ARCQFL7PGB6SXXHDLM.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 5

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

About the Discovery I found in the web this info plus photo:

Unbenannt.JPG 12844.jpg
The original 'Discovery' was one of three ships that left London in December 1606 and arrived in Chesapeake Bay in April 1607. In May 1607, the settlers landed in an area that went on to become Jamestown, Virginia. This replica 'Discovery' was a gift to mark the 402nd anniversary of the departure of the three ships from London.
Westenhanger Castle, where the replica is located, is linked to the 'Discovery' as the then owner,
Sir Thomas Smythe, commissioned the building of several ships including the original 'Discovery'.

Is it this one, you are looking for?

Thanks Uwe!
I need that to try to reconstruct Francis Drake's other ships...

Contact the Marine Dept. at the Jamestown Settlement which is operated by the State of Virginia. They may be able to help you. They have full scale sailing replicas of the "Susan Constant", "Godspeed" and "Discovery" at their facility on the James River west of Williamsburg and north of the National Park site.. I was a volunteer crewmember on the "Susan Constant" back in the 1990s. Somewhere, I have a hard cover book that documented the construction of the latest "Susan Constant" replica. I believe it was constructed in the 1980s.