Going Batty

Last night I heard something fall over in the other room so I went to investigate. Went into the model building room and there was a little bat flying all around in a circle. After procuring a fishing net I found the little animal clinging to the wall and gave it a nudge with the net hoop and in it went. It was taken outside and released unharmed.
No damage was found.

Happy you, that it was a bat and not a bird. I am pretty sure, that a bird would have made some damage, but bats are not colliding with stuff because of their possibility of Echolocation.......great
BTW: You are saying "Flying Mouse" which has the same meaning like the german name for bats - "Fleder-Maus"

My wife and I have been licenced bat-handlers for Natural England in the UK for something like 35 years. We've rescued bats, patched them up, over-wintered them and released them. Marvellous little creatures, and they've been around for something like 30 Million years!
We do bat surveys for people as the planning laws in the UK are very strict, and it is a legal requirement to consider bats when making significant alterations to a building.
Best way to deal with a bat in the house is to open the windows in the room and switch off the lights - they'll generally find their way out with no further stress.

Ted

Back