GOLDEN HIND by Occre [COMPLETED BUILD]

Watching with interest, this Occre kit is a similar template and era to the Occre HMS Revenge I am currently building.
Yes richie both of them being galleons of their times. I was thinking they were different scales too but they are both the same scale at 1:85th scale but I was thinking of the Felipe being 1:60th scale

Started getting some planking in on the second layer. You will see there at the bow how I had to do over lapping joints. These thinner planks didnt want to bend at all so when it gives you lemons add some vodka to and spice that shit up. 20220120_133904.jpg20220120_185609.jpg20220120_185614.jpg20220120_190232.jpg20220120_190236.jpg

Planking is a true challenge to one's patience... but wait.. there's rat-lining! I actually like final planking, except for the careful brain numbing calculating of tapering and matching drop planks from port to starboard. You can see a real improvement in the hull's appearance. Your hull is coming along beautifully. Thumbsup

Planking is a true challenge to one's patience... but wait.. there's rat-lining! I actually like final planking, except for the careful brain numbing calculating of tapering and matching drop planks from port to starboard. You can see a real improvement in the hull's appearance. Your hull is coming along beautifully. Thumbsup
Very very true. I was just about to say ratlines aren't that bad but then again I had almost a 1000 just on the TERROR I did

Still working on the second layer of planking. Needed to move to the other side now and get some done on that side so I can attach the keel and finish her out. View attachment 285193View attachment 285194View attachment 285195
Good morning Derek. Looking Great. Is there a reason why you don’t do the gun ports once after the second layer? Cheers
I only covered half of the gun port. I working my way up and then once I get ready to work my way down that's when I cut out the half that's covered

Back