Good Morning!

Always fascinated by the hobby and detail. I long time friend who has passed gave me one of favorite projects, Norske Love 1:75, and I am now trying to figure out how to make a base for it since his custom base it too big for the cabinet. Figured I see what the experts here have to say. Any help appreciated.

IMG_2514.JPG

It looks like all you need to do is get a smaller piece of wood and use the existing pedestals. You can use the base you have now as a guide to lay out the where you need to drill holes for the screws to mount the model.

The current base is two pegs into the giant base and not like the standard ones the hull sits on Like I have on other ones. Hmmm, maybe You are right, I could look for a smaller wood piece for the pegs to go in.

Yes. The two pegs as you call them should have screws going through them and going into the model from the bottom. A nice piece of 1X6 oak or similar wood with a routed edge would work fine. You need to countersink the screw holes on the bottom. Most good supply houses should be able to prepare the wood piece for you. All you would need to do is put some Polly or like finish on it and drill and countersink the holes. Good luck, it looks like a first-rate model worthy of a front row in the display case.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome aboard :cool:
Hopefully it is only the width that is too big not the lenght :D Maybe it could also be possible to remove the lists at the edges and cut off from the 2 long edges, adjust the 2 short lists and put the lists back again

Always fascinated by the hobby and detail. I long time friend who has passed gave me one of favorite projects, Norske Love 1:75, and I am now trying to figure out how to make a base for it since his custom base it too big for the cabinet. Figured I see what the experts here have to say. Any help appreciated.
Hallo @eroeder
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @eroeder
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back