Good morning

I'm scratch building the HMS Discovery1789. This is the ship that George Vancouver used to chart the Pacific North West. He passed right in front of my house so I thought it would be a good model to build. I ask a lot of questions so I hope I can get lots of answers.
Thanks
Don

I'm scratch building the HMS Discovery1789. This is the ship that George Vancouver used to chart the Pacific North West. He passed right in front of my house so I thought it would be a good model to build. I ask a lot of questions so I hope I can get lots of answers.
Thanks
Don
Welcome aboard Don,we are looking forward to your build.

Thanks
Don
Welcome aboard SOS, Don. Frankly, it would be nice to see your HMS Discovery in here, in the build log. Would you mind sharing your build experience with us? It doesn't have to be from the beginning, though.

Good luck!

Thanks
Don
Welcome to SOS, Don.
I guess you have seen this model in Vancouver Museum. Looks like it will be a great build, which I will follow.
HMS_Discovery.JPG

Thanks
Don
Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
As mentioned by the friends already - we would like to see your work on this very interesting model, hopefully in a building log.

BTW: Will you show here as the expedition ship or in her earlier life as bomb vessel?
There are several drawings avialble at the NMM for download or print

j0509.jpg

I'm trying to do her as she sailed by here. I think you meant her later life as a bomb. I have all the drawings that I can find. This is my first POF model ship. I've made an RC model of the schooner "Cicely 1903", a take off of a ChrisCraft "Barrelback" and a clinker built gaff rigged skiff. I have to almost starting the lower deck.

160562901_210009787577305_8994916470844743539_n.jpg

DSC04368.JPG

Your work is looking very good! Are you using boxwood, or which kind of timber is it?
Would be interesting to see more of your work...

Welcome to SOS, Don.
I guess you have seen this model in Vancouver Museum. Looks like it will be a great build, which I will follow.
View attachment 243426
Sorry Ian, I thought I'd responded to your post. Thanks for the welcome, I haven't seen that model in person (I avoid the city like the plaque) but I do have a copy of it in my "Discovery" folder. There is one thing missing, that I know of, and that is a greenhouse/cold frame on the quarterdeck that was installed for Archibald Menzies the botanist/surgeon on the trip

Welcome aboard Don.
I can see that is going to be a great looking model.
After looking a the pictures to have posted, there is no doubt I will follow your building log.

Back