Goodbye

General this side is to welcome new members, but this time -as I cannot find a better place -it will be goodbye. After 52 Years with Wooden Ship and 8 with Plastic, the time has come to go ashore
THE OLD SAILOR IS LIVING THE SHIP THE 31 Oct.2021, AND WHEN A SAILOR GO ASHORE, HE NEVER LOOKS BACK ON THE SHIP.
THIS MEANING I HAVE NOW STARTED TO DESTROY MY HUGE DATABASE, BOOKS, TOOLS ETC.
It has been a hard decision to take, but reaching soon the 80 and health is not that good.
I may be a sleeping member for a time
Thanks to your all: Friends, not that and even nearly enemy. I have enjoyed it, but as my wife says: IT IS MY OR SHIPBUILDING
eL Capi-- Poul Erik Andersen-- peandersen@telefonica.net

This is a very sad thing to see from any devoted ship modeler with so many years of experience in the hobby. As you retire from your ship yard I truly hope that you are able to keep at least one of your favorite creations around to remind you of a love given up because of progressing years or diminished health. I wish you good luck in your retirement years ahead.

Jim

General this side is to welcome new members, but this time -as I cannot find a better place -it will be goodbye. After 52 Years with Wooden Ship and 8 with Plastic, the time has come to go ashore
THE OLD SAILOR IS LIVING THE SHIP THE 31 Oct.2021, AND WHEN A SAILOR GO ASHORE, HE NEVER LOOKS BACK ON THE SHIP.
THIS MEANING I HAVE NOW STARTED TO DESTROY MY HUGE DATABASE, BOOKS, TOOLS ETC.
It has been a hard decision to take, but reaching soon the 80 and health is not that good.
I may be a sleeping member for a time
Thanks to your all: Friends, not that and even nearly enemy. I have enjoyed it, but as my wife says: IT IS MY OR SHIPBUILDING
eL Capi-- Poul Erik Andersen-- peandersen@telefonica.net
I forgot to add the below Images. Nº! is the Nordkak and beside Cutty Sark (build about 1992-1974) the images are from 1974 with my bone-year-old daughter and the Admiral. nº" Nearly all my tools- long before laser cut and so on. n3 Norske Lovefished 1977 and surviveD the transport from Copenhagen- Denmark to Madrid Spain. ythe sistership to Prinz Frederik (Kakibot()

42-SKJULHOJ.jpg071---BASIC TOOLS.jpgImagen.jpg

Back in your old country it feels like the pension / retirement set by the government is working like this:
donkey-following-carrot-tied-back-260nw-282473300.jpg
You are lucky, 80 is still - at least for a few more years - an acceptable retirement age :D

BTW, now that you do retire you should get a hobby of some sort . . . how about for example ship modeling?

Yeah, I'll see myself out

All the best . . .

Dear Poul,
sad to read that you will give up your activity in SoS. We have had a lot of communication based on this forum. Many thanks for your special feeling for the Printz Friderich, the sister of the Norske Loeve.
It was a pleasure for me.
I wish you all the best - tak for selskab!
Karl Ingwer Malcha

Capitan Elcapi
Te deseo un buen retiro y serás grandemente estragado.

Have a great retirement.
This forum will greatly miss you but take a look at us once in a while.

My friend - please think very carefully about this. Eighty is a number - @Don Farr is well beyond that, confined to a wheelchair and will need another 80 years to build all the models that he still wants to build. One should never have to make the choice that you are asked to make.

WELL SAID DEAR FIEND HEINRICH, TO EL CAPI F PLEASE CONTINUE YOUR WONDERFUL AMAZING WORK, MIKE 41 IS 81 STILL GOING STRONG GREAT MODELER AND DESIGNER I HAVE HAD TO ADAPT SINCE BEING IN A WHEEL CHAIR LOWE4RING ALL MY WORK AND MODELING BENCHES FOR WHEEL CHAIR AND YES I CAN NOT DO THE LONG TIME VERY COMPLICATED BUILDS BUT THE CHINEESE, RUSSIANS, POLISH ETC ARE MAKING GREAT USE OF THE HIGH TECH WE ALL SHOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT MAY NOT BE LIKE IT ONCE WAS BUT REALLY NOTHING IS ADAPT, WITHOUT THIS HOBBY BOTH FOR MY MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH I DO NOT THINK I WOULD BE HERE DR AGREE SO LISTEN TO HEINRICH I DO NOT MAKE LIGHT OF THE SITUATION AT ALL IT IS A BIG, BIG PIA, MAY OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR GUIDE YOU. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Dear Poulo,
I wish you all the best for this short period of lull. But I don't give you more than a few months, then you will miss modelling and you will be back to it again! You know, this is a lifetime poison...
All the very best
János

Dear Poulo,
I wish you all the best for this short period of lull. But I don't give you more than a few months, then you will miss modelling and you will be back to it again! You know, this is a lifetime poison...
All the very best
János
Poul, Going ashore to the Old Sailors Home does not mean the end of one phase but the beginning of another. I hope that you find the best of all that you see across that horizon. Sail safe our crewmate. Nov. 20 will be my arrival at the 80 year pier and spiritually can dance a jig with you! Rich (PT-2)

Poul, Going ashore to the Old Sailors Home does not mean the end of one phase but the beginning of another. I hope that you find the best of all that you see across that horizon. Sail safe our crewmate. Nov. 20 will be my arrival at the 80 year pier and spiritually can dance a jig with you! Rich (PT-2)
thanks for your nice word -it worming - but in my case, there are several parts, which make me take the action to by an ACTIVE MEMBER. I have had two small Ictux, as the result I have more and less lost 30% of my short memory. then I will have to check out my heart and lungs over the next weeks. then to far too high weight, which has the effect, that I am not wALKING THAT MUCH AS I SHOULD. FINALLY, I AM LIVING NOW SINCE 7 years IN A TO SMLL FLAT. NO PLACE TO HAVE WORKING SPACE to build. I build many in my Brain, which finally gave me the RED card from my wife, as I was surfing and thinking more than 12 h a day, where should have used some of this time to exercise.
I will be more and less a sleeping member, BUT if a person asks my for help, he or she will get it
peandersen@telefonica.net or peandersen1098@gmail.com. it is a more private way.

Back