Great Republic and Hello

Hello all! I was recently gifted a model of the Great Republic that was built by my Grandfather using the plans found in Popular Science. Unfortunately, It was not well taken care of and actually was knocked off the shelf. The result: broken masts, rigging, etc. All the parts and pieces were not included so I am looking for a supplier. I found Modelers central; they seem to be a good source. So I am wondering if there are others. Also I have not been able to find any accurate renderings the ship, so I would really appreciate any leads in that area as well. Lastly, are there any other Great Republics out there?
Thanks in advance, Bob

Hello Bob,welcome aboard.
Take a look at this build log

Thank you one and all for the welcome and the information. Special thanks to Zoly for the link to Rwiederrich's log on his build. Incredible detail. I'll post some shots of where I am beginning... it ain't pretty! And this is after spending a bunch of hours unraveling the masts, spars and swabbing the deck.

Hello all! I was recently gifted a model of the Great Republic that was built by my Grandfather using the plans found in Popular Science. Unfortunately, It was not well taken care of and actually was knocked off the shelf. The result: broken masts, rigging, etc. All the parts and pieces were not included so I am looking for a supplier. I found Modelers central; they seem to be a good source. So I am wondering if there are others. Also I have not been able to find any accurate renderings the ship, so I would really appreciate any leads in that area as well. Lastly, are there any other Great Republics out there?
Thanks in advance, Bob
Hallo,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back