Great site, happy to join

Hello to everyone.
I have followed this site for a little while now and so I decided to join a few weeks back. Looks like a lot of friendly members here with lots of different experience. I have completed a few model ships but spread intermittently over many years. Now I’m retired I’m looking forward to spending more time on this terrific hobby. I know I’ll enjoy being a member and learning from you all.
Thanks,
Roger

Hallo Roger,
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.
Very good, that you have now more time for our great hobby - so we hope to see also your work
do you have now an actual project you are working?

Hallo Roger,
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.
Very good, that you have now more time for our great hobby - so we hope to see also your work
do you have now an actual project you are working?
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Uwek, I am presently working on my first sailing ship build the Model Shipways Syren. A slow process with lots of reading as I go.
I recently finished the RCMP St. Roch, it is a Billing boats kit but I added a few extra fixtures. I will try to add an image to this post. Regards, Roger

F18E286F-9C72-4400-AE90-D32D5763E1A7.jpeg

I completely agree with the words by @fourseas
The model is really looking good, so we all would like to see more of your work.
Maybe with starting a building log of your Syren? You could start the log also with the actual status......I am looking forward

I completely agree with the words by @fourseas
The model is really looking good, so we all would like to see more of your work.
Maybe with starting a building log of your Syren? You could start the log also with the actual status......I am looking forward
Uwek, Thanks for your kind words. I have a few early build photos of the Syren on a really messy work bench :D. I’ll either start a log or at least post to the Progress Forum.
I also have some photos of my completed Bluejacket Grand Banks Dory, which I kit bashed a little. I’ll post those in a day or so to the Completed Forum.

Regards,
Roger

Back