Greek Warship Bireme by Moreplovac

Somehow, I missed this one - my apologies. I will add this to the gallery soon.

Great photos of a very serious and dangerous vessel propelled by so many well made and matching oars. Did you hand paint the eyes? They are very well done. Do you know the Bronze Age era that is associated with it? Rich (PT-2)
Thanks Rich. I have hand-painted the eyes, a bit tricky but turned out to be acceptable by my standards. The original stickers provided with a kit, were not that mighty looking, more on crying baby-ish.....

According to the kit manufacturer, this ship was built in 6th century BC but i made a ram based on Carthaginian naval ram from the Battle of the Aegates (First Punic War, 241 B.C.). They are kind of a no matching by the ages but the "ram" provided with a kit was definitely not appealing to me..

Regards,

Thanks Rich. I have hand-painted the eyes, a bit tricky but turned out to be acceptable by my standards. The original stickers provided with a kit, were not that mighty looking, more on crying baby-ish.....

According to the kit manufacturer, this ship was built in 6th century BC but i made a ram based on Carthaginian naval ram from the Battle of the Aegates (First Punic War, 241 B.C.). They are kind of a no matching by the ages but the "ram" provided with a kit was definitely not appealing to me..

Regards,
I am not sure of a difference in size but the Kyrenia kit eyes are also bad self adhesive. I'll take them off and make a template to do a similar hand painted set. Mensis suggested going with a black eye as he painted onto his Kyrenia model. RIch

Back