Greeting from Elelid

Greetings to all members of Ship of scale!

I just about one and half year went in ship modeling, it was a lot of trials and errors and I learned some basic skill. Hope yours forum helps me to go ahead and deeper.

Last half of year I built Royal Caroline 1:47 from Mantua/Panart. Here several pictures of it

Month ago I start Black Pearl golden version from ZHL1.jpg002.jpg

Greetings to all members of Ship of scale!

I just about one and half year went in ship modeling, it was a lot of trials and errors and I learned some basic skill. Hope yours forum helps me to go ahead and deeper.

Last half of year I built Royal Caroline 1:47 from Mantua/Panart. Here several pictures of it

Month ago I start Black Pearl golden version from ZHLView attachment 478974View attachment 478975
welcome aboard
great work on the royal Carolina, looks beautiful

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
BTW: A very good looking model

Dear shipmodelers
It's so pleasant for me to read your responce for my start in forum. Thank you very much

The last few days after registering on the forum I watched and studied it. I read posts, watch models and process they are building. I realized that the forum is a very good school and a pleasant club for meeting and communication. I realized that I wish to go to this school and this club. And I thought that I should tell a little more about how I came here.
I am not young. The main goal was to give some work to my hand and don’t allow my brain to fall. And I feel that shipmodeling is the best occupation for this goal, and also very pleasant
MY way in this direction starts one and half ago:
Trumpeter Scale German heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen 1/700 - plastic
Tamiya Merkava 3 Israel Battle tank 1/35 - plastic

I could not remain indifferent to the vile attack on my country and expressed my feelings building the tank. I present this model to my grandson, a tank technician, on one of his vacations from Gaza.
Revell HMS Victory 1/225 – plastic
After this I realized that plastic is not for me. I have loved working with wood all my life
and I switched to wooden models.
Victory 21” from some vendor on Ebay –built half and trash
Viking ship model from some vendor on Ebay – almost built and trash
Again Victory 21” from some vendor on Ebay – and did it. Here some photos
After that I feel I finished children garden and can go to beginning school and order Royal Carolina

Victory_1.jpg

Victory_2.jpg

Victory_3.jpg

Victory_4.jpg

I switched to wooden models.

Ah, this is how I began! Lots of trashings lots of learning.

All of your models look very good.

Welcome to the club and the college. :D

Dear shipmodelers
It's so pleasant for me to read your responce for my start in forum. Thank you very much

The last few days after registering on the forum I watched and studied it. I read posts, watch models and process they are building. I realized that the forum is a very good school and a pleasant club for meeting and communication. I realized that I wish to go to this school and this club. And I thought that I should tell a little more about how I came here.
I am not young. The main goal was to give some work to my hand and don’t allow my brain to fall. And I feel that shipmodeling is the best occupation for this goal, and also very pleasant
MY way in this direction starts one and half ago:
Trumpeter Scale German heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen 1/700 - plastic
Tamiya Merkava 3 Israel Battle tank 1/35 - plastic

I could not remain indifferent to the vile attack on my country and expressed my feelings building the tank. I present this model to my grandson, a tank technician, on one of his vacations from Gaza.
Revell HMS Victory 1/225 – plastic
After this I realized that plastic is not for me. I have loved working with wood all my life
and I switched to wooden models.
After that I feel I finished children garden and can go to beginning school and order Royal Carolina

View attachment 479906

View attachment 479907

View attachment 479908

View attachment 479909
very nice work Thumbsup

So many responds… Thank you for making a newcomer feel so welcome!
Your friendly responses to my introduction and kind comments about my model ships mean a lot to me. It's truly wonderful to find such a supportive community of fellow ship modeling enthusiasts.

Back