Greetings from Arroyo Grande, CA

Hi,
I'm not new to model ship building, but it's been a really long time since my first model, a revenue cutter of 1799. I finish that model and it has been in a glass case since 1984. I started my 2nd model, US Enterprise 1799. But, one thing lead to another and I finished the hull, stepped the masts and set it aside and it's been in a box with packing peanuts since about 1985. I believe I have all the parts and two sheets of plans, but I can't find the booklet with the step by step directions for completing the project. If any one has completed the model and still has the booklet I'd really like to obtain a copy.

About me, I'm 79 years old, retired banker of 40 years in retail banking. Since I've put the ship model aside I've taken up RV'ing in several different RV's from about 1988 to 2016, when I sold our motorhome to move to a new residence that would not accommodate it. Since 1994, I've been into genealogy and specifically tracing those ancestors who participated in the Revolutionary War. I have a membership with the Sons of the American Revolution and have 31 approved applications on file. Recently, that is about 2012, I've been the registrar with the local chapter of the SAR and enjoy helping other men with their applications.

That's not all, but time and space limit my bio.
Russell Haynes
Arroyo Grande, CA
RNHaynes@aol.com
805-710-4813

Hallo Russel,
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our forum - good, that you have found us.
Hope you get here all assistance and help necessary.... we are a very friendly community

Back