Greetings from California

58 year old retired male getting back into modeling after 40+years, so basically a total inexperienced rookie. I found this site as I am attempting to build the Artisan Latinia Harvey 1847 and this site has some nice pictures of a build. Hope you all don't mind questions because I am sure I'll have many.

Hi, and welcome aboard!

Ask all the questions you’d like...everyone here’s very willing to help. I built “Harvey” about 30 years ago, then did nothing until starting back with wooden ship models about 5 or 6 years ago. My Harvey was so awful that I’m embarrassed to show it to anyone. I even installed the binnacle backwards!

Welcome onboard SOS! We suggest to start your own build log, you can post as many question as you may have. As Dave mentioned, we eager to help, just ask. ;)

58 year old retired male getting back into modeling after 40+years, so basically a total inexperienced rookie. I found this site as I am attempting to build the Artisan Latinia Harvey 1847 and this site has some nice pictures of a build. Hope you all don't mind questions because I am sure I'll have many.
Hallo @Dcox1961
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Dcox1961
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Dcox:
Welcome aboard.
I’m also recently retired and I’m building three models at the same time.
Now that you have the time, go ahead and start with an easy model and work your way up, you’ll have a bunch of guys willing to help you in this great forum.

Back