Greetings from central Ohio

John here from central Ohio. Grew up in a military family and made a lot of plastic models growing up to pass the time waiting to make friends at a new duty station. Left model making during high school, and now that I am getting long in the tooth I wanted something to do that I could carry into retirement if I ever get there. Purchased the Caldercraft HMS Snake and have begun working on it. Purchased it from Ages of Sail and unfortunately several pieces are missing so I am trying to get them to send me replacements. What I really want to build is the Agamemnon which is apparently out of stock everywhere. I have an order it but am told that it will be many weeks before any kits are available. Not a big deal since it will take me quite a while to build the Snake and I can make lots of mistakes here that will help the Agamemnon build. So far I have been working on accumulating any basic tools that I did not have and spending lots of time cruising build logs for the Snake to learn the ropes. Thanks!

Hello John, and Welcome aboard SOS! You are certainly landed in the right place. We are eager to help when help is required. We would love to see HMS Snake in build log of yous. If possible, please consider starting one. ;) But most important, have fun!

Welcome to SOS, John. Hope you enjoy your stay.!! CalderCraft models are usually nicely done. Good luck with it. As you have found, the Snake is popular. Start a build log for yours...lots of pictures. It makes it a lot easier if you ever need help or want to ask a question.!!
Again, welcome.!!

John here from central Ohio. Grew up in a military family and made a lot of plastic models growing up to pass the time waiting to make friends at a new duty station. Left model making during high school, and now that I am getting long in the tooth I wanted something to do that I could carry into retirement if I ever get there. Purchased the Caldercraft HMS Snake and have begun working on it. Purchased it from Ages of Sail and unfortunately several pieces are missing so I am trying to get them to send me replacements. What I really want to build is the Agamemnon which is apparently out of stock everywhere. I have an order it but am told that it will be many weeks before any kits are available. Not a big deal since it will take me quite a while to build the Snake and I can make lots of mistakes here that will help the Agamemnon build. So far I have been working on accumulating any basic tools that I did not have and spending lots of time cruising build logs for the Snake to learn the ropes. Thanks!
a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
The Snake is a very good learning model for the Agamemnon - very good way
Maybe you show your model and work in a building log....

John,
Welcome to the best team in the field,
here you will receive a friendly welcome and share knowledge based on rich experience in the field.
I wish you lots of fun and success & that the model will arrive soon :) Ship-1

What I really want to build is the Agamemnon
I have always been very interested in the Agamemnon - not too many people (at least on this form) I have seen tackle this one - or - maybe not interested - not sure.
I would love to be able to get one and join you on this one as a group build, one day.

John, welcome aboard. I am also from Central Ohio and president of the "Shipwrights of Central Ohio". We meet monthly, at the westerville Public Library, on the third Saturday of each month. Unfortunately, this year we are Zooming it. If you are interested in checking us out, contact me at shipwright@wowway.com. Our web site is www.shipwrightsofohio.com. Stay safe............................bill

Thanks for the welcome. I have heard that Jotika is finally reopened and manufacturing again. They have shipped my Agamemnon kit. I also spoke to the seller of my Snake and they have ordered the replacement parts for the false deck parts I am missing. I have started on the Snake and will begin a Build Log with some pictures this weekend.

Hallo @Panexpoguy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back