Greetings from Germany

Hello from Tübingen in the South of Germany,

i would like to introduce a friend's model here soon, but as i have never posted anything in this forum since my registration in December 2019 i should first introduce myself briefly. My name is Hartmut and i live in a small village near Tübingen. I‘m not a experienced modeller, my first and last model remained unfinished more than 20 years ago:

01.jpg 09.jpg 05.jpg

It is from a modified wooden Kit which i bought in 1983 (at the age of 15) and shows a small english Galleon. The Hull is built in the bread-and-butter system, the planking was added later. I hope to find my way into modelling again, but then with one of the new Kits.

Greetings,

Hartmut

Hallo Hartmut,
und ein herzliches Grüß Gott !
we wish you a warm welcome here on board of our forum - I am very happy, that you found back to this beautiful hobby we all share.
If you have any question, please do not hesitate ......

Thank you for the warm welcome to all of you!

This model looks like an Elizabethan galleon, probably Golden Hind.

Hello Janos, yes, ist was a rather simple Kit of the Golden Hind by a czech company called Igra (can be found on ebay even today):

Igra Golden Hind.jpg

Do you still have the rigging?

Hello Vfordyce, at the moment i'm not planning to complete the model (for it is more than 20 years old), i would rather start a new project (i'm flirting with Shipyard's Papegojan as a training model to get back to model making).

Greetings,

Hartmut

Thank you for the warm welcome to all of you!

Hello Janos, yes, ist was a rather simple Kit of the Golden Hind by a czech company called Igra (can be found on ebay even today):

View attachment 176604

Hello Vfordyce, at the moment i'm not planning to complete the model (for it is more than 20 years old), i would rather start a new project (i'm flirting with Shipyard's Papegojan as a training model to get back to model making).

Greetings,

Hartmut
Großartig! Viele Fotos, bitte! We are anxiously awaiting the pictures of your new build.

Dear Hartmut
welcome aboard :)
I can notice the talent you have in the model that you built , it is very beautiful !
Here you will find friends who will be happy to help you get back to building the models and share the extensive knowledge they have.
good luck

Back