Greetings from Israel

Hello!

My name is Ari and i am an ex-submarine officer. Followimg my militery service Ive few years in the academy busy with biological (mostly molecular biology) research. During the last 15 years i am in the biomedical industry developimg diagnostics medical devices. For the last 7 years i am the CEO of a diagnostics company developing complex diagnostic systems trying to balance between career-family-hobbies.
During the years I had a veriety of hobbies including sailing catamaran dingies, sailing yachts, brewing homebeers, flying hang-gliders, guitar playing and recently - ship model building. Not all of them i do actively but some are with me for many years (sailing) while others come and go.

During the last few days I had to stay at home due to exposure to covid-positive colleague, and thought that it would be nice to build a small beginner's model that was waiting for few months on my upper shelf.

This midwest skiff was fun to build and took me about 10 hours to complete.

I assume that i will build few more small boats before trying the aome of the hafty builds.

20220125_121743.jpg

Welcome. We have a local group which shares info and meets fairly regularly. You can contact me directly (PM)

Hallo Ari,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hello!

My name is Ari and i am an ex-submarine officer. Followimg my militery service Ive few years in the academy busy with biological (mostly molecular biology) research. During the last 15 years i am in the biomedical industry developimg diagnostics medical devices. For the last 7 years i am the CEO of a diagnostics company developing complex diagnostic systems trying to balance between career-family-hobbies.
During the years I had a veriety of hobbies including sailing catamaran dingies, sailing yachts, brewing homebeers, flying hang-gliders, guitar playing and recently - ship model building. Not all of them i do actively but some are with me for many years (sailing) while others come and go.

During the last few days I had to stay at home due to exposure to covid-positive colleague, and thought that it would be nice to build a small beginner's model that was waiting for few months on my upper shelf.

I assume that i will build few more small boats before trying the aome of the hafty builds.
Hallo Ari alias @AriTad
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hello!

View attachment 286140
Welcome went to Elat in Israel a few years back whilst on a cruse on the Red Sea , I’ve always been fascinated with submarines was it a diesel Submarine you were on ? Regards ian

Welcome went to Elat in Israel a few years back whilst on a cruse on the Red Sea , I’ve always been fascinated with submarines was it a diesel Submarine you were on ? Regards ian
Hi Ian -

Indeed I served on a diesel submarine. The actual vessel is located today in the marital museum in Haifa and can be visited. It is a class submarine - built by Vickes in UK. The Gal class was replaced by the Dolphine class so it is no longer in service.

You can find more information here:

BR
Ari

Hi Ian -

Indeed I served on a diesel submarine. The actual vessel is located today in the marital museum in Haifa and can be visited. It is a class submarine - built by Vickes in UK. The Gal class was replaced by the Dolphine class so it is no longer in service.

You can find more information here:

BR
Ari
Thanks I served in the raf in the uk f4 phantoms which I believe also were in service in Israeli regards ian

Back