Greetings from London!

Thank you for the warm welcome to your community; I live in London and am building HMS Fly by AMATI.

My build started in 2011 and I have only completed 25% of the build; my wife says it has been value for money! I have adapted the model kit so it now includes the Great Cabin, Stateroom and Coach Cabin. I am also providing Fibre Optic Cables for the lighting which is being included in the Great Cabin and the Firehearth in the Forecastle.

My build is a little unconventional, as using Fibre Optic Cables they must be planned how they will fit into the build from the very beginning. Should any member be thinking about doing this, and if I can give advice from my own experience, I will do my best to help.

Also included is 1:64 scale furniture built from scratch, and fitted into the cabins. These will be able to be viewed through the Quarterlight and Stern Windows, and the ninth port and starboard Gun Ports.

I will be fitting both the furniture and gun carriages through the deck with Polyamide thread; this will ensure a positive fixture to the deck.

As my build is continuing, so I will forever be learning, and I am hoping I will be able to learn much from member’s through reading the forum posts.

Many thanks to you all.

Thank you for the warm welcome to your community; I live in London and am building HMS Fly by AMATI.

My build started in 2011 and I have only completed 25% of the build; my wife says it has been value for money! I have adapted the model kit so it now includes the Great Cabin, Stateroom and Coach Cabin. I am also providing Fibre Optic Cables for the lighting which is being included in the Great Cabin and the Firehearth in the Forecastle.

My build is a little unconventional, as using Fibre Optic Cables they must be planned how they will fit into the build from the very beginning. Should any member be thinking about doing this, and if I can give advice from my own experience, I will do my best to help.

Also included is 1:64 scale furniture built from scratch, and fitted into the cabins. These will be able to be viewed through the Quarterlight and Stern Windows, and the ninth port and starboard Gun Ports.

I will be fitting both the furniture and gun carriages through the deck with Polyamide thread; this will ensure a positive fixture to the deck.

As my build is continuing, so I will forever be learning, and I am hoping I will be able to learn much from member’s through reading the forum posts.

Many thanks to you all.
WOW welcome to SOS. Sounds like an extremely interesting build you have going on.
I'm sure you will be encouraged to post some pictures in the forum.
cheers Hedley

Hedley, This is the cabins at the rear of HMS Fly, partitions loosely fitted - Lloyd
WOW welcome to SOS. Sounds like an extremely interesting build you have going on.
I'm sure you will be encouraged to post some pictures in the forum.
cheers Hedley
Hedley, I am beginning to learn how to attach files; yesterday I only sent a thumbnail so I now send the fully image - LloydFigure AS2.jpg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Your work on the furniture is looking great, it would be very interesting to see much more details of the "How you do it"
Also a building log of your Fly would be great - I am looking forward to see your work

Many thanks to you all.
Hallo @CaptainsCabin
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Amazing Lloyd, I just found your thread and will be following with great interest. I've put my Pegasus on hold until I finish other projects, but I will finish. The stern modifications are complete as per you instructions.

Regards
Will

Amazing Lloyd, I just found your thread and will be following with great interest. I've put my Pegasus on hold until I finish other projects, but I will finish. The stern modifications are complete as per you instructions.

Regards
Will
Thank you for your comment Will; am I correct we emailed each other in June 2020? - Lloyd

Yes Lloyd we did write. With your help I modified the gallery's from your instructions. On Christmas of 2020 my daughter gave me the Model Shipways Syren which I'm just now finished the standing rigging. Pegasus was put aside for the Syren and while working of the Syren I built several Vanguard model fishing boats. Once Syren is finished its back to Pegasus. Love the furniture and lighting. I'm not up to that. I'll just model using the Antscherl books to due some more kit bashing.

Stay in touch
Will

Yes Lloyd we did write. With your help I modified the gallery's from your instructions. On Christmas of 2020 my daughter gave me the Model Shipways Syren which I'm just now finished the standing rigging. Pegasus was put aside for the Syren and while working of the Syren I built several Vanguard model fishing boats. Once Syren is finished its back to Pegasus. Love the furniture and lighting. I'm not up to that. I'll just model using the Antscherl books to due some more kit bashing.

Stay in touch
Will
It is really good to contact you again Will, but firstly I do hope your wife is stable. I noticed you joined Ships of Scale in May 2022; I joined last year and since then I have started posting some of my work. After Nick had to divert his energies to his business and rest hmsfly.com, I approached AMATI and they are now giving access to all my work for HMS Fly. If you click 'The HMS Fly Bible' you will be able to see everything I have done. I have already fitted the Firehearth in the Fly Forecastle together with fibre optics to make the coals glow and flicker. In the not too distant future I will be fitting the cabin furniture and fibre optic lighting. This part of the build has been quite challenging as the sequence of normal building has had to be modified.

My son also gave me several model kits for Christmas 2020 but totally different to what I am currently doing. They are made by ‘Robotime’ and come from China and are called DIY Miniature House. These are very well made and good quality kits but the instructions are minimal and are challenging. When I need a break from the Fly these kits offer a different form of relaxation!

Stay in contact Will - Lloyd

Back