Greetings from Minnesota

Joined the forum a few months ago. After 40 some years in model railroading I decided I need a change. Became boring. Lots of stuff to unload!

Purchased my first ship model the other day. 1/350 Trumpeter USS Nimitz. Lots of parts! Have found many build articles on the model. Would like to add hanger deck details. Looking for drawings and or blueprints that I could use to make 3D prints of the walls.

Currently located in MN but will be moving to NJ after first of year to be closer to grand kids.

Regards - Alan

Joined the forum a few months ago. After 40 some years in model railroading I decided I need a change. Became boring. Lots of stuff to unload!

Purchased my first ship model the other day. 1/350 Trumpeter USS Nimitz. Lots of parts! Have found many build articles on the model. Would like to add hanger deck details. Looking for drawings and or blueprints that I could use to make 3D prints of the walls.

Currently located in MN but will be moving to NJ after first of year to be closer to grand kids.

Regards - Alan
Alan, sorry to see you go. I’ve done the reverse, left my home state of New Jersey, moved to New York for 26 years, built a 40’ Coast Guard Life Boat, a Dumas kit, then spent almost 20 years building a variety of plastic models (military vehicles, warbirds, HMS Prince of Wales, a few other warships, dabbled briefly in HO). Then in 2009, we moved to the Minneapolis suburbs where my model building took a temporary hiatus. Now…I recently finished HMS WARSPITE that had sat for 10 years. Now…I’m back building and enjoying it more than ever. Hope you enjoy living in Jersey.

Hello Alan
Welcome to the forum. You’ll find this is a great forum . If you have any questions or need help the members are here to assist you .

Welcome aboard! Have fun modifying the model.

I built a model of the Saratoga (CV-60) last year. Of course, the hangar bay was closed off so I decided to open it up. Removed the aft starboard elevator and installed it in the down position and fully opened the corresponding hangar door (altered the forward starboard elevator door so it was partway open). Created the interior hangar deck from the flat plastic piece provided to make the ship as a waterline model; added fore and aft bulkheads but not he two that should have been in the interior (not enough material). Added some small LED lighting so that the aircraft I placed in the hangar bay can be seen. No interior details added.

Regards - Alan
Hallo @Alan L
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Enjoy the hobby and the community here

Regards - Alan
Hallo Alan alias @Alan L
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back