Greetings from Philadelphia, the "Cradle of Liberty"

Hello all,

I actually live just west of Philly, on the New Jersey side of the Delaware river, but as a friend once told me: "New Jersey is really just a parking lot for Philadelphia and New York". To be honest, it's actually a very nice place to live and has it's own identity, but my area is definitely considered a suburb of Philadelphia.
I am a retired union carpenter who built plastic scale models as a child. I have started building again and now I have decided to add model ship building to my list of hobbies. I am very much a beginner, although my construction experience is of some help I think. I have begun assembly of the 'Albatros' from OcOcre. So far, I've haven't ruined it yet.
I also own a 3d printer and a 50w laser cutter. Both are hobbies in their own right, and may also be of use with my modeling.

Thanks for having me, and looking forward to learning,
Mike

A warm welcome on board SOS from across the Hudson River, Mike! We are glad to have you with us! May I suggest you open a build log of your Albatros assembly? It doesn't have to be from the beginning, though. What do you think, is it feasible?

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
We would be happy, if we can see your work on the Albatros, maybe also in a building log, you can easily start from the actual status

Hello all,

I actually live just west of Philly, on the New Jersey side of the Delaware river, but as a friend once told me: "New Jersey is really just a parking lot for Philadelphia and New York". To be honest, it's actually a very nice place to live and has it's own identity, but my area is definitely considered a suburb of Philadelphia.
I am a retired union carpenter who built plastic scale models as a child. I have started building again and now I have decided to add model ship building to my list of hobbies. I am very much a beginner, although my construction experience is of some help I think. I have begun assembly of the 'Albatros' from OcOcre. So far, I've haven't ruined it yet.
I also own a 3d printer and a 50w laser cutter. Both are hobbies in their own right, and may also be of use with my modeling.

Thanks for having me, and looking forward to learning,
Mike
Hallo Mike alias @grumpydaddy845
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Albatros going?

Back