Greetings from South Germany

Hello all,
my name is Adi and I live in Ehingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg on the banks of upper Danube river.
As a mechanical engineer i am involved in the development of allterrain and crawler cranes.

My modeling interests are 1:35 military modelling, 0 gauge railroading and shipbuilding, of course. I like all kind of sailing ships.

I am not really a newcomer. I buildt 1:50 L'Hussard from artesiana latina. At the moment I am working on sails for a 1:50 scratch buildt gaff sloop.
The truth, why I am now in this forum is the very interest in HMS Alert 1:48. But I scrolled through an I recognized the I can learn a lot from you all.

Thanks for welcome

Hallo Adi,
I am very happy, that I was able to produce some interest in the Alert (and with this also in our forum)
So I am sending a warm welcome here on on board of our forum - great that you have found us
With your history, starting with the "old" Le Hussard kit - afterwards a scratch sloop (please show once, maybe in topic you can find in the following link) - the Alert will be a lot of fun to build. So do not forget the participate in the group build, passive or even better active.....

BTW: Ich war sozusagen ca. 10 Jahre Nachbar von dir - habe lange in Lauingen an der Donau gelebt
Schöne Grüße aus Wien

Welcome Adi, good to see you on the forums, and another model railroader at that.

I also model trains, HO US style is my biggest collections of cars and engines.

I have been thru Germany a few times, lived there as child. In fact born in Wiesbaden at old US Army hospital, my father was stationed in Bitburg Airbase at the time. And my mother is native Germany, dad married her over there.

Welcome Adi, good to see you on the forums, and another model railroader at that.

I have been thru Germany a few times, lived there as child. In fact born in Wiesbaden at old US Army hospital, my father was stationed in Bitburg Airbase at the time. And my mother is native Germany, dad married her over there.
So So - Kurt is half German ...... !!!

Thank you Kurt,
I see you may be a fan of Chicago, the band. I am too, for a long time.

Welcome to another shipbuilder and model railroad enthusiast. I model G scale (1.25), mostly Swiss RhB. I'm still in the novice shipbuilding stage but have gained quite a few skills with the help and advice from forum members.

Jan

Back