Greetings from Sweden!

Hej!
I'm a Dutch filmmaker, living in Sweden.
I built my first models as a teenager, that is to say..the wooden part. I gave up when it came to rigging, no patience, and none of these 'early works' has survived. Most of my life up till now I spent working (travelling to 60+ countries, living in 7), and when at home 'playing' with wooden sailboats in scale 1:1.
My last project was the renovation of a Nordic Folkbåt. I managed to find time to build A.L.'s Pen Duick ca. 10 years ago, but that's all..until now..
Inn my early 60's now, I'm slowing down, and my old passion for wooden modell shipbuilding was rekindled by the launch of Occre's Endurance.
She is almost finished (lots of rigging still to be done....). I learned a lot from all the fantastic modellers on this forum!
Also I just started Occre's Cala Esmaralda, and hope to sharpen my skills with support of this very welcoming community.
Thank you..greetings from Sweden!
John

Greetings and also a welcome from the other side of the globe. Perhaps in your extensive travels you have visited Australia, and hopefully enjoyed some Aussie hospitality.
Welcome to SoS, you will find many interesting things to see and read, and much encouragement with your modeling.
Please visit often and start a build log when you are ready.

michael

Thank you all for your warm welcome! I'm not sure I can attribute anything to the knowledge pool here by starting a build log..yet.
But I promise to post updates now and then of the end result (Endurance) and progress (Cala Esmeralda).
Michael, Down Under is still on the bucket list !;-)

Back