Greetings from the UK

Hi all,
Always done some from for model building since my early teens, ranging from plastic kits, model railways was my main hobby for nearly 20 years, Balsa RC planes even up to live steam model engineering.
Never done a wooden ship though so thought, it was time to give one ago and ordered my first one yesterday. I decided on the Vanguard Models HM Sherbourne cutter, so with uck it should arrive sometime this week while I'm at work.
Hopefully what model skills I have developed over the years will rub off on the ship build but I'm not kidding myself that it is going to be a doddle. The thought of planking and rigging scare the **** out of me.
I saw the thread Lets get more people building by Model Shipways and had indeed been looking at the Dory but I can't seem to get it over here in the UK.
Best wishes to you all, Mark

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome from the midlands of South Carolina, USA. Your skills will get you started and you will develop them as you go. It’s a learning experience. There is a wealth of information here. You’ll be fine IF you have patience. Enjoy it. Good luck!

Back