Greetings from Windsor, ON

Trying to expand my modelling resources. Born and grew and still live up a couple blocks from the Detroit River. Late 40s and just starting in to this hobby. Always been fascinated by the ships plying the river and have been making an annual trip with my wife to the Welland Canal (and NIAGARA On The Lake). Shipm
watching and shopping all in one!

My model building will be exclusively freighters that sail the Great Lakes.....might do a "saltie" too. Almost finished my Edmund fitzgerald and currently working on the new Equinox class bulk carrier ship that sails forvAlgoma Central Marine.

These ships are big.....seawaymax size is 740ft x 78ft wide so working in 1:200 scale (1/16" - 1ft).

Welcome aboard SOS! We would love to see some of your finished and in-progress models. We love photos. ;)

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Would be interesting to see more of your work

Welcome. The Fitz looks great. I too built the Fitz from one of the 2 Carr's hobby shop kits that I have. Happy modeling.

check out the article it is right in your neighborhood

Welcome! I grew up minutes away from the Welland Canals (all 4) and really enjoy seeing models of the lakers. I've done an 1870s schooner from scratch with a brother collaborating, and we hope to do an early Great Lakes propeller (steamer) of the same era this year. Covid makes collaboration difficult. Lots of interesting research!

Trying to expand my modelling resources. Born and grew and still live up a couple blocks from the Detroit River. Late 40s and just starting in to this hobby. Always been fascinated by the ships plying the river and have been making an annual trip with my wife to the Welland Canal (and NIAGARA On The Lake). Shipm
watching and shopping all in one!

My model building will be exclusively freighters that sail the Great Lakes.....might do a "saltie" too. Almost finished my Edmund fitzgerald and currently working on the new Equinox class bulk carrier ship that sails forvAlgoma Central Marine.

These ships are big.....seawaymax size is 740ft x 78ft wide so working in 1:200 scale (1/16" - 1ft).
Hallo @TJCampbell
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back