Gun Port Frames

Gun port Frames
One of the Italian model companies offered a brass gun port insert , making it quite easy to create a clean and square looking gun port. Unfortunately the brass inserts are the wrong scale.
Does anybody offer such an insert in either wood or brass in the larger scale ?? China ??
Thanks

I suggest scraping these ports and cut out and form ports by yourself. I am building Mamoli Victory with these cast ports. I attest they are nothing but trouble. If I knew that from beginning I would not use them.

Gun port Frames
One of the Italian model companies offered a brass gun port insert , making it quite easy to create a clean and square looking gun port. Unfortunately the brass inserts are the wrong scale.
Does anybody offer such an insert in either wood or brass in the larger scale ?? China ??
Thanks
Make square tubes out of basswood sheets and cut them up to the right thickness or larger a bit,take a look at my build log here

You can cheat with manufacturing perfect gunports by purchasing Evergreen styrene square tube in the correct size and cutting to length.
If you are painting them, nobody would ever know the difference.

Last edited:
Back