gun ports

I am building the La Soleil Royal and it calls for square framed gun ports. Does anyone know if they really framed those Gun ports? seems to me that the frames would not last very long with the saltwater?? anyway I have decided not to show the frames and smooth at an angle on all 4 sides!! has anyone done that or has A kit that just has the opening not framed? the openings look good I think to me not so rigid square looking??

I am building the La Soleil Royal and it calls for square framed gun ports. Does anyone know if they really framed those Gun ports? seems to me that the frames would not last very long with the saltwater?? anyway I have decided not to show the frames and smooth at an angle on all 4 sides!! has anyone done that or has A kit that just has the opening not framed? the openings look good I think to me not so rigid square looking??
The gun ports were not framed with areal frame, but the futtocks or top timbers of the frames were partly visible and used as a port stop. At the bottom the stop was produced by the lower cill

gunport cross section.jpg

Jean Boudriot

IMG_170712 (1)1.jpg

IMG_17071.jpg IMG_170711.jpg

Mondfeld

Kalyon (2).jpg

Back