PROTOTYPE - H.M.S. Ontario Cross Section 2.0 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Mike,
this is great - it has been a long time since I have checked in - my bad - sorry - This is really an awesome project and a good one for those that graduated from the class from Blandford.

Thanks Donnie, it has ben a long time since I posted anything on the cross section. I haven’t finished moving but have found some time for the model. I hope to have it completed in a couple of months.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE HAVE A BLESSED DAY TODAY AS MINE IS COMING UP ON THE B29TH YOU ARE CATCHING UP TO ME AS I AM GOING TO STOP COUNTING AND LET YOU PASS ME LOLLOLLOLLOL. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Thanks Uwe and Don, it is great to be middle aged, I am looking forward to the next 80 years. I have lots of model ships to build lol.

Happy Birthday dear Mike!! Birthday-Cake Wishing you all the best and many more years happy and healthy life!

Thanks Jim and Zoly, I retired ten years ago it seams like I am busier now than when I was working lol.

About four months ago I took a break from this build to learn a little about half hull models and they are not half bad depending on which side you are looking at.

Upper deck lining and the ladder to the gun deck have been installed. I amIMG_3580.jpgIMG_3588.jpgIMG_3589.jpg working on the windlass and will be posting photos soon.

Mike41, good afternoon. Maybe the ladder should be shortened a little. The sides should not stick out above the hatch, otherwise the ship's crew will constantly cling to it. My opinion.

Hallo Mike,
I am happy to see you back on the section, so I am looking forward to see your progress .....
Good point by Alexander - maybe you can install one or two small pieces of deck planking in the hold in addition, so that the ladder can be more inclined, than the top will not look out of the hatch

Many thanks to Alexander &Uwe, I made the ladder extra long to make installing it easier. I just trimmed the top instead of changing the angle so the steps would remain level with the deck. I believe it looks better now.

IMG_3591.jpgIMG_3592.jpgIMG_3593.jpg

My first look at this log Mike. Looks great. An involved section no doubt. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Tony, the windlass was made from European beechwood, bloodwood, and yellowheart. It will be installed with the belfry. The last photo shows it setting on the model checking for fit.IMG_3598.jpgIMG_3599.jpgIMG_3600 (1).jpgIMG_3601 (2).jpg

Back