PROTOTYPE - H.M.S. Ontario Cross Section 2.0 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Shane,
The Blandford cross section is an introductory exercise to scratch pof model ship building and the members of the build contributed many innovative approaches to the project. If you do not have much scratch building experience, I would recommend trying it before starting this project. The Ontario cross section is a lot larger and has an intricate framing system that will require considerable time to complete. This would be a good second project after the Blandford if you like this type of model building.
Mike

It was question to raise the wreck of the ship a few Y back
As the wreck is still in very good preservation and do something similar at what was done with the Wasa
The H.M.S. Ontario with the USS Hamilton and USS Scourge are 3 very well preserve wreck in Lake Ontario.

The Frames Continuation:
It has been a while since my last update. The frames are going well, I have half of them assembled and about 20 percent installed on the keel. I used the same method as Zoltan to build the gun and sweep ports, a square tube cutting the port liners as required. The first sweep port is installed, and I am working on the first gunport now. This is a few progress photos.IMG_2798.JPGIMG_2799.JPGIMG_2808 (1).JPGIMG_2810.JPGIMG_2838.JPGIMG_2839.JPGIMG_2840.JPGIMG_2842.JPGIMG_2843.JPGIMG_2844.JPGIMG_2845.JPG

Hi Dave,
This version of the cross section has twice as many frames as the original, but it is more accurate. I used beech wood for the gunport frames with a purpleheart liner, sweep ports are purpleheart.

Back