PROTOTYPE - H.M.S. Ontario Cross Section 2.0 [COMPLETED BUILD]

I just used the purpleheart because I had some at the thickness needed and it will not be too noticeable when the planking is installed. The inboard will be either rosewood or bloodwood. The deck planking will be white pine.

The Frames Continuation:
The first gunport frame was installed with the frames, I thought it would save some time, but it took longer than cutting in the ports after the frames are installed. I will make the cutouts for the remaining gun and sweep ports after the frames are installed.
IMG_2847.JPGIMG_2852.JPGIMG_2853.JPGIMG_2854.JPGIMG_2855.JPGIMG_2856.JPGIMG_2857.JPGIMG_2857.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2858.JPG
    IMG_2858.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 7
The Frames Continuation:
The frames are all built and ready to be installed on the keel. This is a couple of progress photos showing the current status of the model. They should be installed this week.
IMG_2875.JPGIMG_2876.JPG

The Frames Continuation:

Well it took a little over a week to install the frames, but this has been a busy month for everyone. I did not pre-bevel the frames, Tso I spent a couple of days sanding out the rough spots lol. The keelson is installed, and the bottom timbers will be installed next. This is the progress photos of the model.
IMG_2889.JPGIMG_2891.JPGIMG_2892.JPGIMG_2895.JPGIMG_2898.JPGIMG_2899.JPG

Back