PROTOTYPE - H.M.S. Ontario Cross Section 2.0 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks KNUT,
The grating frames are supported by deck beams and hatch partners (or carlings) for the Blandford. Small openings can be supported on one side by a deck beam and the opposite side by a hatch ledge. Not used in the cross section.

Thanks for the information, check the drawings and pictures from other builders before the work begins.

Exterior Planking:

The exterior planking needed to be installed before the guns are installed. I used walnut for the main wales and filling strakes, the planking is yellowheart. This is a few progress photos.

IMG_3052.JPGIMG_3053.JPGIMG_3054.JPGIMG_3056.JPGIMG_3057.JPGIMG_3058.JPGIMG_3059.JPGIMG_3060.JPG

Hallo my friend, Hallo Mike,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thanks everyone, if the Coronavirus would go away it would be the best present ever. The Ontario cross section is suspended until it is safe to travel. The model is in Myrtle Beach Sc. along with my modeling tools and I am in Olathe Ks. I do have my computer and a lot of future builds to look at but would rather be making sawdust. It looks like the country will open up latter this summer and life will get back to normal.

Happy Birthday, Mike! Health and Happiness in the first place, and many more years to come!! Enjoy your special day! Birthday-Cake

Back