PROTOTYPE - H.M.S. Ontario Cross Section 2.0 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks Dave, the half-mortises were easy to make. I made the deck beams in two pieces the chamfer on the lower piece was cut with a bandsaw, the top is flat stock. I used patterns to cut notches for the carlings with the bandsaw, cleaned the notches with a file and using centerlines glued the top and bottom together. The top piece of the beam is the same thickness as the carlings and ledges so there will be very little sanding before the deck is planked.

Lower Deck Framing:

The grating for the access to the hold and power room were made and installed, then the waterways and finally the planking. The port side was left open to show the framing details. The deck will look better after it is sanded and oiled.

IMG_3033.JPGIMG_3035.JPGIMG_3037.JPGIMG_3038.JPGIMG_3040.JPGIMG_3041.JPGIMG_3042.JPGIMG_3043.JPGIMG_3044.JPGIMG_3045.JPGIMG_3046.JPG

Hey Mike,
For a refresh of memory, I went back and re-read all the posts up until now. This is truly fantastic of what you have done with this from the design - cad - and then the building of it. I love it and I hope that I can do this when I finish my Blandford. This makes the Blandford look like a piece of cake !!!
35 frames and I thought the 9 that I did on the Blandford was a little tiresome. Ha !!! not only that the frames on this one are even more complex.
Oh, BTW, I saw a post you made about how you made your building board with that T-Track, but now I can not find it.

Thanks Donnie, the tracks for the gantry type of building board listed under Tools, Lathes, Mills etc.

Nice work Mike, I see that the grid chambers, rest on the deck beams, I assume it's the same for Blandford ?.

Back