Halcon 1/100 first build attempt! [COMPLETED BUILD]

1 .jpg 1.jpg
Very basic kit as I'm sure most of you know , didn't want to risk ruining an expensive kit on my first attempt . But now suspect this may be more of a challenge to get some sort of result from such a basic kit . The very poor instructions have at least led me to this forum , where I have already learned a lot . Now to put it all into practice and see what sort of result I can achieve , so far I have dry fitted all the bulkheads and have now started to glue them in . This may take a while !

2 .jpg 2.jpg

3 .jpg

4 .jpg

5 .jpg

6 .jpg

7 .jpg

8 .jpg

Hello.congratulations on the start of the construction of the ship.I'm still watching and reading the forum.but soon I will decide to start my own boat.I'll also start with something simple.

This was my first build as well and I was quite proud of the results for what it is. Just don’t let it fool you into thinking that a “professional” kit is anything like it. It’s kinda like when you frame the first dollar you ever earned. It’s just a dollar but it means more to you than just a dollar.

I actually just bought another one so I can build it at work while I build my pro kit at home.

Also, BoilerDan1 on YouTube is who got me started on this little kit. If you want to check it out for some pointers although he also build them as a complete beginner.

Good luck. Just have fun with it.

This was my first build as well and I was quite proud of the results for what it is. Just don’t let it fool you into thinking that a “professional” kit is anything like it. It’s kinda like when you frame the first dollar you ever earned. It’s just a dollar but it means more to you than just a dollar.

I actually just bought another one so I can build it at work while I build my pro kit at home.

Also, BoilerDan1 on YouTube is who got me started on this little kit. If you want to check it out for some pointers although he also build them as a complete beginner.

Good luck. Just have fun with it.
Thanks Alex , will check out Boilerdan1 I'm on a big learning curve so will take any help I can get. Not expecting great results from this first build , will be interesting to see how it turns out .Enjoying logging the build will be great to look back on when I eventually finish it!

All the bulkheads now glued in and a coat of varnish applied to the deck , the varnish has caused the thin ply to distort a bit but should lay flat once glued in place.

View attachment 344900
Hi Panteg Models.

Be very careful when putting the deck on as you could easily brake some of the frames/bulkheads.
I have a build log on this forum called 'Another Halcon 1:100 scale' that you might like to look at and hopefully it might help you.

Hi Panteg Models.

Be very careful when putting the deck on as you could easily brake some of the frames/bulkheads.
I have a build log on this forum called 'Another Halcon 1:100 scale' that you might like to look at and hopefully it might help you.
Hi Thanks , your build has already been a great help.

Deck fitted ready for glueing , following varnishing both sides that did indeed re flatten the very thin ply that curled slightly after the first coat.
Had to give the top a second coat after sanding first as the varnish bled through when I varnished the under side , clearly should have done the under side first!
Every day is a school day.

14 .jpg

Back