Half Hull Model of Pinky Schooner - Glad Tidings by Model Shipways

Kurt Konrath

Kurt Konrath

I have seen the English ship half hull builds and it got me thinking when I received and reviewed my Glad Tidings kit.

This kit due to scale of 1:24 is built by making two hull halves due to limits on board thickness for Model Shipways laser cutter machine.

This got me thinking that since you assemble the half of hull twice, I may be able to use half the hull kit and model a half hull model with masts and sails, as the Pinky Schooners had no yards for sails only a few booms for the sails.

What are your thoughts and opinions on building such a model display.

1701712595006.png
1701712672647.png

I have seen the English ship half hull builds and it got me thinking when I received and reviewed my Glad Tidings kit.

This kit due to scale of 1:24 is built by making two hull halves due to limits on board thickness for Model Shipways laser cutter machine.

This got me thinking that since you assemble the half of hull twice, I may be able to use half the hull kit and model a half hull model with masts and sails, as the Pinky Schooners had no yards for sails only a few booms for the sails.

What are your thoughts and opinions on building such a model display.

View attachment 411947
View attachment 411949
Well Kurt ………. I do love to make a model in 2 half hulls ……. :) That’s what I am building now. So, join the party.
Then you can also build the interior and show it.
Regards, Peter

Interesting idea - I guess you have to make slightly more than the half hull, if you want to install tha masts, booms and also sails
Interesting project

Back