Halifax from the lumberyard

First I wish everyone a Happy New Year.
This is my new build of the Halifax. At this time all the full frames are built. I’m currently seeing how they fit to the jig and keel.
I’m doing some sanding here and there as needed.

I will be referring to available build logs and the caustic build for help.

Regards

Rick

image.jpg

I wish you a lot of fun with this interesting kit - and I am looking forward to follow your log

Working on bow frames. Due to my error I’m redoing last set . I’ve found that working on these models I’ve gained experience to recut wood when I make a mistake. The kit has enough wood where I can use parts as needed.
Regards to you all

image.jpg

image.jpg

I’ve just finished first pass along outside hull with 40 g bringing frames in line. I also worked on getting keelson to fit and glued in place. I used zip ties to hold keelson in place. First time doing this and like how they worked . A couple of them still in place . Now will proceed with next sanding using 80g then final sanding.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hello, how are you MavRick! I really like your model, she will be a beauty! Sorry handsome: Halifax! And a very interesting technique, how it is built. This way of building a model is called POF-plank-on-frayme, isn't it? It takes a lot of work and patience, but it's worth it!

Hello, how are you MavRick! I really like your model, she will be a beauty! Sorry handsome: Halifax! And a very interesting technique, how it is built. This way of building a model is called POF-plank-on-frayme, isn't it? It takes a lot of work and patience, but it's worth it!
Doing well . Thank you for your comments. You’re correct , it is plank on frame . I enjoy the process . It keeps my mind and hands busy.

Back