Handy sander for tight spaces

This is probably not a new idea for most of you, but I thought I'd share this tool that I have been using quite a bit lately.
IMG_1434.JPG
IMG_1435.JPG
I removed the bristles from the head of an old electric toothbrush and epoxied a short piece of dowel to it, then i glued a small disk of emory paper to the other end of the dowel.

It's great for light sanding in places that other rotary tools and fat fingers can't easily reach.

Been doing the same thing for several years. I just glued a disk of .040 styrene directly to the bristles. Makes the sanding end a bit flexible for hard to reach angles and curves. Then use disks punched out of PSA sandpaper to stick to the disk. Easily changed out when needed.

IMG_1780.JPG

What did you use to glue to the bristles? Nylon is notoriously glue-resistant

A dab of epoxy glue worked into the bristle tips, then a dab on the disk, then stuck on. Been on there since 2014 or so.

Very good idea - going to give it a try, but I think SWMBO will soon realise the toothbrush is missing!

Ted

Very good idea - going to give it a try, but I think SWMBO will soon realise the toothbrush is missing!

Ted
probly not a good idea if you share a toothbrush with the fair lady of the house - I recommend buying your own !!!! :cool:

Back