Hans van Nieuwkoop - Kolderstok model ships

Hello, a short introduction to myself. I am Hans van Nieuwkoop, from Dordrecht, The Netherlands. 57 years old, bold and my doctor says I should loose some weight. :-(
I have been building wooden models since 1974 when I started with my first ship - The Statenjacht from Billing Boats. I still have this model, although it is not in mint condition anymore (I won't call it scrap yet, but, well, you know, after 45 years carefully neglecting some things do fall apart...)
Since then I have made many wooden models, most of them sailing ships and many Billing Boats kits (while easy to get here, and not that expensive).
About six years ago (end of 2013) I got some more time, picked up my old hobby again and started to scratch build the Dutch VOC Ship Batavia. This got out of hand and instead of reading books, watching television, do some work in the garden etc. etc. I started to develop model kits. And this was / is real fun - starting with building kits into scratch building into kit developping gave me a lot of joy - cost me a lot of time - and brings much stress and dust and every other thing in the house. It is not always fun to other people living here.
I lost my job but found an opportunity.
Learning the model building via Billing Boats was in fact not bad. The kits where o.k. but the building description which came with them (roughly 45 years ago) where not always written in a clear way. So I made many mistakes and learned to build a wooden model.
The kits I develop are quite good to build - in my own biased way of thinking. So I do not only offer the kits, but also a help function via email if someone has some trouble in understanding the instructions I have written.
If you have any further questions about me or the kits I make and sell - feel free to ask :)

Best regards,
Hans

Also a warm welcome here on board of our forum - we are very happy that you joined our community and I am sure, that your kits will be also in future part of our kit reviews and building log area.....I am looking forward to see more of your work.

Hello, a short introduction to myself. I am Hans van Nieuwkoop, from Dordrecht, The Netherlands. 57 years old, bold and my doctor says I should loose some weight. :-(
I have been building wooden models since 1974 when I started with my first ship - The Statenjacht from Billing Boats. I still have this model, although it is not in mint condition anymore (I won't call it scrap yet, but, well, you know, after 45 years carefully neglecting some things do fall apart...)
Since then I have made many wooden models, most of them sailing ships and many Billing Boats kits (while easy to get here, and not that expensive).
About six years ago (end of 2013) I got some more time, picked up my old hobby again and started to scratch build the Dutch VOC Ship Batavia. This got out of hand and instead of reading books, watching television, do some work in the garden etc. etc. I started to develop model kits. And this was / is real fun - starting with building kits into scratch building into kit developping gave me a lot of joy - cost me a lot of time - and brings much stress and dust and every other thing in the house. It is not always fun to other people living here.
Learning the model building via Billing Boats was in fact not bad. The kits where o.k. but the building description which came with them (roughly 45 years ago) where not always written in a clear way. So I made many mistakes and learned to build a wooden model.
The kits I develop are quite good to build - in my own biased way of thinking. So I do not only offer the kits, but also a help function via email if someone has some trouble in understanding the instructions I have written.
If you have any further questions about me or the kits I make and sell - feel free to ask :)

Best regards,
Hans
Have you developed any Dutch 17th century ships? Please show us your wonderful creations!

Have you developed any Dutch 17th century ships? Please show us your wonderful creations!
Please have a look here:

Just scroll down for photos

Best regards,
Hans
Hallo Hans from @Kolderstok ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your day

Happy birthday my friend and thank you for all the help and assistance so far! I wish you and your family a very happy day and may there be many more! I will have to bookmark this important date on the Dutch Maritime Calendar.

Back