Hayling 1760 (my first kit) [COMPLETED BUILD]

I would have never thought or guessed this would be your first kit. WOW - beautiful.

Donnie

I had meant modeling directly as a kit. I have made all my models myself, but now I no longer have the good eyes light to create accurate details

It is looking like, that she is finished already, or?
My Congratulations - maybe you show us some more photos and maybe also some close ups - Very good

Hello Andris,
when you are complete with your Hayling, I would like for you to have images of her so that I can place the images in our Showcase Gallery. Will you be able to display your model on a nice plain background for photography? That would be great if you can.

Kindly
Donald

Bonjour,
Trés beau modèle... bravo, trés belle construction. Les voiles sont livrés de couleur rouge ?
Je vais peut-être me lancer sur ce modèle. Pourriez vous partager votre expérience de construction en faisant un bilan des points forts et à améliorer de ce modèle (qualité du bois, notice de construction, difficultés de construction, les pièges a éviter....etc..).
Merci d'avance.

Hello,
Very nice model... congratulations, very nice construction. The sails are delivered in red color?
Maybe I'll go for this model. Could you share your construction experience by taking stock of the strengths and improvements of this model (quality of wood, construction instructions, construction difficulties, pitfalls to avoid....etc..).
Thanks in advance.

complete
Bonjour,
Trés beau modèle... bravo, trés belle construction. Les voiles sont livrés de couleur rouge ?
Je vais peut-être me lancer sur ce modèle. Pourriez vous partager votre expérience de construction en faisant un bilan des points forts et à améliorer de ce modèle (qualité du bois, notice de construction, difficultés de construction, les pièges a éviter....etc..).
Merci d'avance.

Hello,
Very nice model... congratulations, very nice construction. The sails are delivered in red color?
Maybe I'll go for this model. Could you share your construction experience by taking stock of the strengths and improvements of this model (quality of wood, construction instructions, construction difficulties, pitfalls to avoid....etc..).
Thanks in advance.
Hi, Cathber.
The sails were supplied in white. I bought red textile dye and painted them.
I need to put together a review for this model. Then I can post everything I think about it. It will be a little later.

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-20 at 11.37.17.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-20 at 11.37.18 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-20 at 11.37.18 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-20 at 11.37.18 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-20 at 11.37.18 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-20 at 11.37.18.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-20 at 11.37.19.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-20 at 11.37.29 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-20 at 11.37.29.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-20 at 11.37.30.jpeg

ok. i try. i am not big photomaster, but i will try
Hello Andris,
when you are complete with your Hayling, I would like for you to have images of her so that I can place the images in our Showcase Gallery. Will you be able to display your model on a nice plain background for photography? That would be great if you can.

Kindly
Donald
done

complete

Hi, Cathber.
I need to put together a review for this model. Then I can post everything I think about it. It will be a little later.

View attachment 341565

View attachment 341566

View attachment 341567

View attachment 341568

View attachment 341569

View attachment 341570

View attachment 341571

View attachment 341572

View attachment 341573

View attachment 341574
Good morning. Brilliant. You made a wonderful model. Cheers Grant

Bonjour, pour monter le gréement est ce que les explications du manuel de construction était suffisantes, ou vous avez vous utilisé d'autres sources d'informations ? dans ce cas lesquelles ?
merci d'avance.

Hello, to mount the rigging, were the explanations in the construction manual sufficient, or did you use other sources of information? if so which ones?
thank you in advance.

complete

Hi, Cathber.

View attachment 341565

View attachment 341566

View attachment 341567

View attachment 341568

View attachment 341569

View attachment 341570

View attachment 341571

View attachment 341572

View attachment 341573

View attachment 341574
What a striking appearance this model has, especially with the red sails!

Thanks for posting these photos of your model Andris, good work. Thumbsup

I am about to build the stern section on my model but couldn't work out how the kit parts go together without leaving gaps between the rail and the stern and the planking below the windows and around the rudder - but it looks like you had the same problems. So it's probably going to need some bashing/filling around there when I get to that area.

Tom

Screenshot 2022-11-21 100003.jpg

Thanks for posting these photos of your model Andris, good work. Thumbsup

I am about to build the stern section on my model but couldn't work out how the kit parts go together without leaving gaps between the rail and the stern and the planking below the windows and around the rudder - but it looks like you had the same problems. So it's probably going to need some bashing/filling around there when I get to that area.

Tom

View attachment 341751
Yes Tom. There were many problems. When I did all this, the "loud" words came out all too often. But later, when I calm down, I understand that a lot depends on yourself and you need everything without haste, with consideration. Since this was my first kit, because before that I made all the parts for my models myself, there is often a rush and impatience (everything is ready for you...hahaha). Especially if something is missing. But you need to pull yourself together, pull yourself together. Then everything will be fine. Now I look and see that I would do many things differently and create many small things myself. Especially from metal parts. But I bought this set specifically to introduce rails after a very long period of inactivity in ship modeling.

Back