"Heeresgeschichtliches Museum" - Military History museum in Vienna (Austria)

Walking in such a museum, you realize which long way it is to get realy a good modeler.
Especially if you recognize, that some of the models are older than 100 or 200 years.
At this time they did not had a Proxxon, every thing prepared often by Hand

PS: sorry sometimes for the bad quality of the photos. I was not prepared that I can see so much models, so I had only a small camera with me.

Great photos, Uwe, thanks for taking the time to post them. The quality of the models is first class.

G'day Uwe
Those models are out of this world. Thank you for showing them to us.
Havagooday mate
Greg

These are some truly great models. The cut away ones let you know how tight the conditions on board were and how the vessel functioned. Some unique and highly detailed models. Thanks for sharing.

Another visit of the Heeresgeschichtliches Museum in Vienna on last Saturday.

My good friend Alexander Fricke alias @Foxtrott (located in Munich) visited Vienna for a weekend.
So we decided to meet and visit especially the (for us) most interesting part "Naval Power Austria" for some hours ..... it was a great time

(I am not used to make selfies - on the right Alexander and the good looking guy on the left ...... ;) )
IMG_0907.JPG

Here a short text info about the exhibition (in english and german)

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

We made a lot of photos, so stay tuned and check out - when you visit the city of Vienna, you should take the opportunity to visit for some hours also this museum.

One of the most interesting models is the venetian Ship of the Line model of 1794

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

The model, the restauration including a complete planset is documented in a great publication

Das Erbe der Serenissima
Rekonstruktion und Restaurierung eines venezianischen Linienschiffsmodells von 1794

by Dr. Karl Klaus Körner

Back