Hello all from Buckley, WA!

Not new to model building. ABSOLUTELY new to model wooden ships!
I've always thought it would be cool to build one. Leaned towards the Constitution. Then after visiting the Constitution several years ago I was sure.
Even prior to that though I was not willing to spend 4 to 6 hundred bucks on a kit. What if I bought one and hated it?( not likely, but who knows..)
Well that all changed while in Branson, Mo. on vacation. I found a NIB USS Constitution by Model Shipways with extra instructions, and a "primer?" of sorts by Bob ? and a set of plans as referance from the c.mamoli kit. All for one incrediby low price.
So here I am. 60 years old, newly married, no planned start time, but looking forward to starting. I do not intend to rush this...

20210504_135645.jpg20181002_123247.jpg20181002_123013.jpg20181002_122936.jpg20181002_115224.jpg

Good luck with your Constitution. Check out the build logs section. I'm sure there are a few Constitutions there that will help. Enjoy the build.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
It would be great, when you start a building lof of your work, so we are able to see your progress and could assist and help when necessary and requested

Have fun building the Conny. I built the Revell plastic kit when I was 16 years old, and I have a book that's a copy of the captain's log. I hope they keep the ship seaworthy. Welcome to the forum!
Thanks!
They still take the ship out 7 times a year for training.

Well my friend, a “Big Congratulations” on your new marriage and welcome aboard.
Connie is a great historic and beautiful model to build.
We all be waiting to see you getting started.
B6FF6DFF-1EB1-4C49-A28C-C35C54829B69.jpeg

Not new to model building. ABSOLUTELY new to model wooden ships!
I've always thought it would be cool to build one. Leaned towards the Constitution. Then after visiting the Constitution several years ago I was sure.
Even prior to that though I was not willing to spend 4 to 6 hundred bucks on a kit. What if I bought one and hated it?( not likely, but who knows..)
Well that all changed while in Branson, Mo. on vacation. I found a NIB USS Constitution by Model Shipways with extra instructions, and a "primer?" of sorts by Bob ? and a set of plans as referance from the c.mamoli kit. All for one incrediby low price.
So here I am. 60 years old, newly married, no planned start time, but looking forward to starting. I do not intend to rush this...
Hallo @30bucks
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Conny going? Did you start the model

Back