Hello and Introduction

Looking forward to engaging on this forum. Building the HMS Victory has always been on my bucket list but 26 years in the Army, 19 moves and 13 more years in industry were not conducive to getting started. All that is past now and based upon a recommendation from a friend who is a modeler, I started by building the Bluenose II. Thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a ton. About 80 hours into building the USS Constitution now. I can see already be looking at some of the pictures there is a lot of knowledge floating around these forums. I look forward to tapping into that knowledge.IMG_0423.jpg

Welcome aboard!! I am retired USAF myself. I love the stand your Bluenose II is displayed on. Doing sails on your first model is impressive! I also have the Constitution on my "to-do" list. Check out my Bluenose build log from a few years ago below:

Took a quick spin through your build log. Very nicely done! Constitution. I am also using an app on my phone to record a build log this time. My wife gave me as a Christmas present Bob's practicums for all his builds. I am using his practicum for the my build of the Connie. Wish I knew about it for the Bluenose. Had to muddle through myself but it turned out pretty good. I always get compliments on the stand which surprises me. Just something I threw together in my wood shop one day with some scrape walnut. Feeling the pressure to up my game with the Connie stand :)

Looking forward to engaging on this forum. Building the HMS Victory has always been on my bucket list but 26 years in the Army, 19 moves and 13 more years in industry were not conducive to getting started. All that is past now and based upon a recommendation from a friend who is a modeler, I started by building the Bluenose II. Thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a ton. About 80 hours into building the USS Constitution now. I can see already be looking at some of the pictures there is a lot of knowledge floating around these forums. I look forward to tapping into that knowledge.View attachment 116107
Hallo @rjassey ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back