Hello and my current build

Greetings Everyone!

My name is Christopher and I have only recently found this forum because of the newest project, the San Bartolome 1/48 scale.

My first build was the Constellation. I stopped working on it when I realized it was not the current one in Maryland. I have recently pulled it out of storage and I will complete it as the kit was a gift. It just needs a bit more work on the hull and then on to the masts and rigging.

I purchased the Deagostini HMS Victory partwork model. The hull is now done because of the time we spent in lock down when Covid hit.

Of course, the Black Pearl is part of the fleet. I had one mostly done but was unhappy with it so it has been mothballed and I started over. The model is from ZHL. My son and I are awaiting the release of the rest of the Flying Dutchman. That is a future build..

Finally, I have a 1/72 scale 14th Century Cog. Nice little model but so small. I would like to see a 1/48 Cog.

I have read the main threads about the San Bartolome and I have watched the video series twice now. I look forward to this adventure.

Christopher

Welcome aboard SOS, Christopher! Glad to have you with us. We are a really curious bunch, here. Would you show us some of your work completed? You can post it here, in your introduction.
Also, would you consider starting your own build log of San Bartolome? It is not an obligation thought, and only recommendation. What do you think, Is it feasible?

Welcome aboard SOS, Christopher! Glad to have you with us. We are a really curious bunch, here. Would you show us some of your work completed? You can post it here, in your introduction.
Also, would you consider starting your own build log of San Bartolome? It is not an obligation thought, and only recommendation. What do you think, Is it feasible?
Greetings,

Sure I can post some pictures.
20231019_102720.jpg

Here is Victory. I am in no rush to finish it. It is a long term project. As stated above, I got the planking completed during the Covid lockdown.

20231019_102646.jpg
This is the Cog. The boat is done. The rigging just needs to be completed. The small scale makes it hard on my hands so it is going slow.

20231019_120840.jpg
This is the model I started on, Constellation. I am endeavoring to complete it. A few more hull details and it is time for the masts. To me the kit supplied cannons are too big. Anyone feel the same?

20231019_120929.jpg
Finally, here is San Bartolome. I am still at the start with the framework. None of them are glued in but I amback to frame 18 as far as fitting and filling the edges.
I can certainly start a build thread on this.

Take care,
Christopher

Greetings Everyone!

My name is Christopher and I have only recently found this forum because of the newest project, the San Bartolome 1/48 scale.

My first build was the Constellation. I stopped working on it when I realized it was not the current one in Maryland. I have recently pulled it out of storage and I will complete it as the kit was a gift. It just needs a bit more work on the hull and then on to the masts and rigging.

I purchased the Deagostini HMS Victory partwork model. The hull is now done because of the time we spent in lock down when Covid hit.

Of course, the Black Pearl is part of the fleet. I had one mostly done but was unhappy with it so it has been mothballed and I started over. The model is from ZHL. My son and I are awaiting the release of the rest of the Flying Dutchman. That is a future build..

Finally, I have a 1/72 scale 14th Century Cog. Nice little model but so small. I would like to see a 1/48 Cog.

I have read the main threads about the San Bartolome and I have watched the video series twice now. I look forward to this adventure.

Christopher
Hallo Christopher alias @CAThompson
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back