Hello and thank you

Hi. My name is Davydd and I just wanted to say thank you and hello to everyone. I started building model kits when my dad first bought me an Airfix Spad fighter from WW1 way back in in 1969. I was amazed that a little bag of bits could be so much fun to put together and nothing much has changed since then, except the small bags are often really big boxes now and there are a lot more bits..lol. I also discovered that whilst I do still love plastic kits and I have plenty of them, my greatest love is timber ships, even just opening the box and looking at the parts and studying the plans and getting my head around how it all fits together. They are all like old friends really.
I am currently building a Hachette Titanic, Hachette Bismarck and a Corel Flying Fish which was free to a good home after it had been sitting only partially built for over 30 years and had the prow snapped off and long gone missing. Anyway, that is enough of a ramble. Hope to get to know you soon and share some build stories and laughs and find out how to make my models into something special.
Davydd Wiggins

Hi. My name is Davydd and I just wanted to say thank you and hello to everyone. I started building model kits when my dad first bought me an Airfix Spad fighter from WW1 way back in in 1969. I was amazed that a little bag of bits could be so much fun to put together and nothing much has changed since then, except the small bags are often really big boxes now and there are a lot more bits..lol. I also discovered that whilst I do still love plastic kits and I have plenty of them, my greatest love is timber ships, even just opening the box and looking at the parts and studying the plans and getting my head around how it all fits together. They are all like old friends really.
I am currently building a Hachette Titanic, Hachette Bismarck and a Corel Flying Fish which was free to a good home after it had been sitting only partially built for over 30 years and had the prow snapped off and long gone missing. Anyway, that is enough of a ramble. Hope to get to know you soon and share some build stories and laughs and find out how to make my models into something special.
Davydd Wiggins
Welcome aboard!

I started the Corel Flying Fish last year and stalled out. Hope to revive it in the fall!!
View attachment 365351
Hi Fletch Dog and thank you. It is a lovely kit and looks fun to build. I also just recently managed to acquire an old Billings Hjejlen kit and am poring over the plans at present. Like the FF there is a reasonable amount of scratch type building which makes it interesting. I don't get a lot of time for building at present but I keep trying to squeeze it in somewhere. Best wishes Davydd

Back