Hello Everybody!

Brand new here and never built a wooden ship. I am pretty good with my hands and have built lots of plastic model kits as well as a the complicated Pocher model cars. I also do woodworking and make and sell writing pens. I am interested in building a ship and specifically interested in the ZLH Black Pearl. Been looking at this great website for inspiration and tools that I need to get going.

you came to the right place we have a number of ZHL black Pearl kit build logs and members willing to help you all along the way.

Welcome aboard to the most awesome model ship building forum there is.
You’ll never be sailing alone because we have the best crew of salty dogs in the web to help you build your first ship.
Get your hands on the Black Pearl and let’s go sailing.

I have already viewed multiple build journals, lots of talent here. I’m also a fan of the HMS Victory and have made several pens featuring actual oak and elm from the ship. Ordered the Pearl today. ;)

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

I have already viewed multiple build journals, lots of talent here. I’m also a fan of the HMS Victory and have made several pens featuring actual oak and elm from the ship. Ordered the Pearl today. ;)
Welcome aboard looking forward to seeing another Pearl started be careful with the instructions there not that good, which one did you get?
Tony

Welcome aboard looking forward to seeing another Pearl started be careful with the instructions there not that good, which one did you get?
Tony
I got the smaller $219 version. I’ve been reading a bunch of posts and plan to ask lots of questions. I have zero ship building experience or knowledge but have built lots of other models and do a bit of woodwork.

I will have tons. Thank you!
Larry
Hi Larry, you’ll do just fine mate! There isn’t a greener Captain than me on this forum, but a great bunch of guys that will help you through by providing their own wisdom and experiences from actual builds. Also, stock up on your favorite rum, it soothes the back and neck soreness...lol. BTW, Tony H is doing a real mind blower of the same kit. I follow him and love the skill set he displays. Very talented guy, as many others too.
Rick

Back