Hello Everyone

I have been building wooden boats for 5 years now since I retired, mainly Billings boats, but more recently as my skill has increased I have become more interested in Colonial period ships with links to Australia. My next project will be the long boat to HMA Sirius which led the first fleet to Australia in 1786. I will do a build log. Have attached photos of my completed projects, I still have 2 in the final stages. Happy New Year'

2016-10-30 10.58.46.jpg
P2101692.JPG

PA141826.JPG

2017-11-28 13.25.16.jpg

2016-10-30 10.58.46.jpgP2101692.JPGPA141826.JPG2017-11-28 13.25.16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
G'day mate from a fellow Ozzie.
I believe that you are in the Hunter Valley area. I'm from Wyong area, so we are almost neighbors.
Welcome to our family at SOS and going by your previous builds you know your way around the shipyard, quite well.
If you do need any help just ask and the best way is to start a build log.
We dont have member here, they are more like family, so from one sibling to another, I'm so glad that you are here.

I have been building wooden boats for 5 years now since I retired, mainly Billings boats, but more recently as my skill has increased I have become more interested in Colonial period ships with links to Australia. My next project will be the long boat to HMA Sirius which led the first fleet to Australia in 1786. I will do a build log. Have attached photos of my completed projects, I still have 2 in the final stages. Happy New Year'

View attachment 69485
View attachment 69486

View attachment 69487

View attachment 69488

View attachment 69485View attachment 69486View attachment 69487View attachment 69488
Hallo @Cracker
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Hope that you still build ship models - What is your actual project?

Welcome to the forum Cracker.Mary Ann was the first wooden model I made with my Father's help

Kind Regards

Nigel

Mary Ann was the first wooden model I made with my Father's help
We have not seen you model, Nigel @NMBROOK, well...this statement may not be accurate, I have not seen Mary Ann as well as all of your finished models. Is there a chance you can show them all?? ;)

We have not seen you model, Nigel @NMBROOK, well...this statement may not be accurate, I have not seen Mary Ann as well as all of your finished models. Is there a chance you can show them all?? ;)

Jim
That was 35 years ago,two house moves with my parents downsizing saw that off along with a lot of models.Next accumulation suffered at the hands of rather messy divorce.If I still had everything I would need a warehouse.I now have numerous newer projects in various stages.I like to flit between them,I will never get stuck for something to do ROTF Thankfully my Wife is more understanding than the last one;)

Kind Regards

Nigel

Back