Hello Everyone,

Just call me gramps 79. It has been a while since I've built a model ship. Quite a while. I'm working on a model of the Benjamin W. Latham. The last one I worked on was the Charles W. Morgan. I certainly am enjoying the build. I'm thankful for sites like Ships of Scale. Great to talk with others modelers. Extremely educational. I noticed on another site the log for the Benjamin Latham. I noticed the decals on the model. If anyone knows who manufactures custom decals please let me know. By the way I'm living in the Keystone State Pa. My wife and I are retired. Talk to you soon. Have a great day.

Just call me gramps 79. It has been a while since I've built a model ship. Quite a while. I'm working on a model of the Benjamin W. Latham. The last one I worked on was the Charles W. Morgan. I certainly am enjoying the build. I'm thankful for sites like Ships of Scale. Great to talk with others modelers. Extremely educational. I noticed on another site the log for the Benjamin Latham. I noticed the decals on the model. If anyone knows who manufactures custom decals please let me know. By the way I'm living in the Keystone State Pa. My wife and I are retired. Talk to you soon. Have a great day.
You are using my name but I’ll let it slide. I am gramps to 8 young people.
Glad you found this site.

Welcome aboard to a fellow retiree. I think you'll find a lot of us in the 70+ age group here. I'm reminded of something my grandmother used to tell me - growing old we have no control over, but growing up we do - so never grow up! Building ship models helps us do that.

And a big welcome from South Australia, lots of friendly folk on here, enjoy,

Best regards John,

Welcome, Gramps.
I see you're in the US. I know Model Expo has been very helpful to me in getting the occasional replacement part. I'm pretty sure they are the storefront for the Model Shipways factory, so if the Benjamin Latham decals are part of the Model Shipways kit, they could probably help you out: https://modelexpo-online.com/crm.asp?action=contactus.

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

Back