Hello everyone

Hello I'm new to model ship building. For many years I have always wanted to build a wooden ship. I got my wish I just bought the INGERMANLAND ship model kit from ZHL. I have so many questions about wooden ship building and where I should ask the questions in group.

Welcome to the world of model ship building.

Please read the topics on the home page, there are many good postings on what and how to do things.

One of the best ways to get answers to specific questions on your build is to start a build log in proper group and post progress photos, comments and questions.

This group of folks will love to watch along and normally will help with comments and answers to your questions.

Use the search function to check what has been posted on a specific ship or general questions.

Remember this is a hobby and if you get stuck or frustrated on the build, ask for help, spend time looking around, or take time off, this isn't supposed to make you upset on what your doing, and if you make an error, most of time nobody cares or most won't notice if you don't point it out. None of us are perfect in what we do.

Let us know where your from and maybe there are others near who can help if needed.

Welcome aboard SOS! We can definitely help you with your Ingermland model should you have a question, all you have to do is to start the build log. That simple. :)

Hello I'm new to model ship building. For many years I have always wanted to build a wooden ship. I got my wish I just bought the INGERMANLAND ship model kit from ZHL. I have so many questions about wooden ship building and where I should ask the questions in group.
Wood Wizard sounds like a perfect entry to SoS model building as wood is a major medium and the aromas are personally preferred to those of resins and solvents. Welcome aboard. Rich (PT-2)

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Do you have the section model or the complete ship ?
The best help we can give is, when you start a building log and show your work, soe we are able to comment and give hints, but also answere questions if necessary and requested......

Uwek a friend started on a wooden ship model and she put it away for many years. When given to me I checked to see if all the parts was there. All the parts was there was a good thing bad part was that I did the out side planking I did it wrong. So I stopped working on it. I did do the rat line rigging and other rigging.

I did buy a nice model ship kit from ZHL INGERMANLAND. To save me time I also bought the pulley kit and the mast and poles that's already made. I did glue some parts in wrong place and it would affect the shape of the side of ship. I was going to talk to Max about buying the 4 parts. I did not want to bother Max cause I was going to buy the wonder cutter s. When the wonder cutter was delivered I used it to gingerly cut the parts out. The tool is a wonderful tool to have. Only draw back to it is the allen screw will strip.

Back